My mods wish list, But which order???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I have got a few mods on the wish list for when the funds allow :(
But i'm struggling to decide the order so I thought I would give you an insight to what i do and get your opinions from there

This is my current order
1 new tyres, will need replacing this year regardless. currently running hanhook a/t 265 75 r16. they don't do bad at all, but thinking of going to 275 75 r16 goodride sl386 Mud legends
$800

2 custom exhaust 2.5inch from turbo bat with hi flow cat etc
$600ish

3 dyno tune, to help with turbo lagg and just to get off the basic generic tune. should help with the hill aswell
$300 from the best 4wd shop in nzd

4 front auto lokka from lokka should help in the mud. cant get a rear for d22
around $540 shipped from aussie

5 winch 11xp runva with dynemma rope
around $980 with accesories

6 spotties etc for night driving
$300 for 6inch 180w led spotties

So my needs?
So i live in the South island of NZ. despite what you think there are some decent hills especially once you start heading further south and even north.
most weekends I take 2-3 dirt bikes out and head to the tracks, some of the tracks to get to can get quite muddy in the winter, especially the some of the trail rides iv been to and the car parks/ paddocks turn into just a nightmare with $50,000 2wd utes getting stuck everywhere ;)
i enjoy going the night before to some enduro's and camping out aswell and having a feed etc
i like to travel and drive and usually take my bike with me or everyones kit and don't like going slow behind people. can usually keep an easy 110km/hr pace and the ute loves it and it doesn't struggle to bad on hills as long as i don't go into 5th and just over rev when changing up gears.
my mates all love their bush hack suzuki's and i don't mind going out with them for a bit of a blast in the mud,and wouldn't mind becoming the recovery vehicle if the build allows, but i stay out of rivers as i learnt my lesson there.

hope that wasn't to much of a mess to read and you get some ideas of my needs and wants and let know what you think is the best order to go in

Depends on what your budget is really.

Personally I'd do lokka first, then tyres. Definitely do exhaust before a return as you will get more out of it. You don't really need a locker in the rear of a d22, the lsds are very good anyway.

Then the rest in whatever order you feel like.

Yeah budget is the problem having to put away 200ish a fornight from pay so its going to be a slow process... haha
thanks for advice though I can see the reasoning behind the lokka first, i think i am going to hold off on the lokka and M/T till at least just before winter and that will give me some time to save up and do it all properly.
luckily i have quite afew mate who are mechanics and can help with the lokka or else i was qouted 600 to install :0

I'd go tyres, bash plates, winch then the rest.

Looka is a diy job if your handy on the tools, theres a great thread on here somewhere with complete start to finish instructions.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

The auto locker will be very valuable, you can use your handbrake as a rear locker (it's an art, and not a joke). By the sounds of it, so will the winch.

M/T tyres? Are they going to replace the ATs or be "additional wheels" ? If replacing, beware that they will wear quicker than ATs.

Personally (if it was me) I wouldn't do the exhaust or the dyno until I'd done everything else. You're going to make the car sprint then load it up and turn it into a slug again. Better to make it a turtle, then tune it back to a hare, you'll be a lot happier with the result. If you're not happy with it, you'll wonder why you spent the cash in the first place.

Hey Tony, yeah my mate has an auto lokka and seems to just go through everything so it will definitely be a valuable asset to have. I have heard about the ole hand break trick, but it is something i am yet i master haha
Yeah i know the M/T will be a bit of pain in regards to on road performance and life span but from a few guys i know that have the sl386 they seem to be around the 70k mark and not looking horrible, and for some nice aggressive ATs it will cost more then all the other mods nearly.
Thanks for the advice and Tbh that makes perfect since. do all the mods the will either slow the vehicle down or loose a bit of performance then tune it to make up for the loss etc, never thought about that before now

Latest posts

Back