Engel Eclipse

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much the last two things you said.I have seen trailer plugs melted trying to supply that current. Locate the 12 volt terminals via the bottom vent. With the motor running you should see at least 12.5 volts any less and the boiler cannot reach the correct heat and performance is poor. I get approx. 13.5 and it will start to freeze after a few hours travel when it's cooler.

Have the Eclipse here to and very happy with it, so far. I believe the internals are the same as the metal job only difference seems to be the lack or temp gauge and has a two small fans for the condenser hence the slight increase in power consumption over the equivalent metal case job. When cut in (2.75amps Max.)

Chose the Eclipse over the metal- 1/. for cost saving and 2/. it only has to live in the aircond environment in the back of King Cab as opposed to exposed to the elements on tray. If it last anywhere as near as long as my last Engel it will see me out. The last one has to be over 25 years old still going strong (if a little rusty) and retired as a beer fridge in my shed.

Latest posts

Back