Aussie Batteries Giant Fridge / Solar Battery Kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the evacool ib 70
it was always in the ute and always turned on for 3 years I owned it and it didn't miss a beat

Let me know if you have any other questions, or feel free to give us a call. Keep in mind we can always customise a kit with your choice of battery/solar/fridge etc. to best suit your requirements.

On a side note, we've just run out of stock of the 60L fridges, and our next shipment isn't due for a few weeks. However, we've discounted our 80L version (same footprint, just taller) to be the same price in the interim.

Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide such a detailed and thoughtful reply, I really appreciate it as it makes the decision making process in a significant investment so much easier.

Based on your information I'm pretty much decided on the 80LD kit (just have to check the measurements) but would definitely appreciate if you could get your colleague in the office to provide the compatible fridge slides.

I'll call to double check everything over the next few days before placing order.

Thanks again Matt,

-Scott

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide such a detailed and thoughtful reply, I really appreciate it as it makes the decision making process in a significant investment so much easier.

No problem, happy to help.

Based on your information I'm pretty much decided on the 80LD kit (just have to check the measurements) but would definitely appreciate if you could get your colleague in the office to provide the compatible fridge slides.

Just to be clear when I mentioned that the footprint was the same as the 60L and the price had been reduced, I was talking about the single door 80L version. The 80L Dual Door is a little more expensive, but also on a good sale right now. The footprint dimensions are different to the 60L however.

The fridge slides I've been recommended are the MSA 4x4 range, they have both standard fridge slides and drop slides which will suit.

No problem, happy to help.

Just to be clear when I mentioned that the footprint was the same as the 60L and the price had been reduced, I was talking about the single door 80L version. The 80L Dual Door is a little more expensive, but also on a good sale right now. The footprint dimensions are different to the 60L however.

The fridge slides I've been recommended are the MSA 4x4 range, they have both standard fridge slides and drop slides which will suit.

Hi Matt,

Just got out the graph paper tonight to play with some configurations (tossing up between two draers side by side and fridge mounted on top, or one drawer and fridge next to it). Have to remeasure canopy tomorrow.

Anyway, just wondering about how to mount the fridge. I checked out the MSA 4x4 fridge slide but the DS60 (drop slide 60) is Fridge Tray: 870mm x 530mm which would have it at 5mm short (width) for the 80LD not to mention the fact it comes with a hefty price tag $749 for the drop slide. The non drop slide (SL60) is smaller again -Fridge Tray: 852mm x 525mm .

So I'll need to explore other options if I want that fridge - What mount points does the fridge itself have? Basically wanting to find out what else is compatible / whether I should just buy some sliders and screw the fridge to it like these

Question about the dual door 80L vs single door 80L. Apart from footprint are there any other advantages of one over the other?

I'm thinking at the moment the Dual door is better for me because length ways I'll have room in the tub, but the extra 70mm height for the single door I think will stop me from putting a drawer underneath (canopy is too short).

Also, I have a dual battery monitor and just wondering how this would perform if the second battery was actually two batteries linked? Would I actually need a 3rd sensor / monitor or would it just trat them as if they were one battery? Would it still be possible to use this hall effect device to measure current amps being drawn?

Cheers,

-Scott

Anyway, just wondering about how to mount the fridge. I checked out the MSA 4x4 fridge slide but the DS60 (drop slide 60) is Fridge Tray: 870mm x 530mm which would have it at 5mm short (width) for the 80LD not to mention the fact it comes with a hefty price tag $749 for the drop slide. The non drop slide (SL60) is smaller again -Fridge Tray: 852mm x 525mm.

I think you might have mistaken the external dimensions and fridge footprint sizes. The external dimensions take into account the fridge handles, lid hinges, etc. but as these all sit higher up on the fridge, they don't affect the fridge fitting onto a fridge slide. The footprint dimensions are the measurements at the base of the fridge, which is what you want to use when you're looking for a fridge slide, as only the bottom of the fridge sits in the slide.

Giant Power 80L Dual Door
External: 865mm L x 535mm W x 560mm H (includes handles etc.)
Fridge Footprint: 825mm L x 495mm W (fridge base)
MSA DS60: 870mm L x 530mm W
MSA SL60: 852mm L x 525mm W

You should have a bit of wiggle room with either slide option.

What mount points does the fridge itself have?

Typically the fridges will be held in place by straps to the handle, as the handles have a reinforcing plate behind them.

Question about the dual door 80L vs single door 80L. Apart from footprint are there any other advantages of one over the other?

There are some minor advantages to the dual door. Two lids have the potential to increase efficiency, particularly if you are in and out of your fridge a lot. Every time you open the lid you'll lose a bit of temperature to the outside, so if you're only opening up half of the fridge you'll save a bit. The single door has two plastic internal lids to help mitigate this, but it's not as good as two individual doors with seals. The wider style also makes it easier to get your items out as they aren't buried quite as deep.

Also, I have a dual battery monitor and just wondering how this would perform if the second battery was actually two batteries linked? Would I actually need a 3rd sensor / monitor or would it just trat them as if they were one battery? Would it still be possible to use this hall effect device to measure current amps being drawn?

I'm not familiar with the hall effect sensor, but when two batteries are linked with appropriate sized cable they will act as a single large battery. In theory you could get away with a single sensor, but ideally you would have one for each battery.

Latest posts

Back