Timing Chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

push2pass

Reaction score
Hi Guys

just seeing if anyone in Perth has done a timing chain replacement themselves?
If so did you use OEM parts or something like duplex timing chain conversion kit from YD25.com.au?
Or does anyone know of any mobile mechanics that have had experience with double row timing kits?

Any help/advise would be great

Cheers

Mine is a 07 Spanish with 220,000 on the clock

I've just emailed Engines Australia to email through a parts list
YD25.com.au quoted $1600 for their double row kit

check to see if the 2010 / 2015 model timing chains fit the earlier models as nissan improved there chains from 2010 on. D-22.s you may not need the double row chain kit if this is correct.

Still waiting on Engines Australia to email through there part list and prices

I the mean time connected a few mobile mechanics and both said it was a too bigger job. The reason I want a mobile mechanic is I've already got most of the stuff out as I was doing a few other jobs on the car and seems a waste of time putting everything back in to drive it to a workshop & have it all taken out again

Does anyone have a mobile mechanic they can recommend?

Hi guys

I ended up biting the bullet and ordering the yd25.com.au double row kit of $1600 and while the chain could on lasted a bit longer the mobile mechanic discover the oil pump was haggard. Another $600 to yd25.com.au and new and improved pump is on the way.

I supposed the silver lining was I found a mobile mechanic that really knew his stuff when it comes to Diesel motors and yd25 motors. Well priced, licensed and was happy for you to help and show you how stuff was done. Highly recommend anyone needing help!

Mick's Mobile Servicing & Repairs 0400 355 512

Latest posts

Back