Odometer...How far is to far..???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDSnet

Reaction score
Experts,

I'm currently focused on getting myself an auto D40. Having only $15k to spend though limits me a fair bit. I've had fair warning about the clutch in manuals, and the timing chain in certain years, what about these auto D40s..??

What year was the timing chain issue addressed? I'm looking at an ST-X by the way.

What about the ks..? How many is too many..? As a specific example, how does a 2009 ST-X with 195,000 ks sound..? Regardless of the dollars, does 200,000 ks automatically mean a big spend at the mechanic..?

Thanks again for the feedback.

Cheers,
Jack

I have a Spanish 2009 D40 STX Dual Cab myself. Just starting to think about the 210,000km service. There is a good chance that if yours has lasted this long, the timing chain will be fine. I've had mine checked several times and it's fine.

Mine purrs just as nicely as when I bought it. Regularly serviced, weird noises investigated and fixed. I've had the steering column repaired, rear diff rebuilt, front right axle replaced, turbocharger gasket replaced, alternator replaced (pulley fell off), I've repaired the air filter box myself (and posted a thread about it). These are really wear and tear - things you'd expect to have issues with after a time. I should point out that we've towed a van a fair bit - 1.8T for something like 50,000km and a 2.5T van for about 10,000km so far. Aiming to put a few more k's on the new van this Christmas.

If the one you buy is anything like mine, it shouldn't make you too upset. Headlights are hardly better than candles. Get a light bar (sunyeeau on eBay sells some awesome units) and some decent spotties if you travel in early or late hours - although they didn't help us last Christmas coming back through Dubbo, still collected a roo!

Latest posts

Back