D23 Snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danyan

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just recently bought myself a super stock 2016 Dual cab ST and have been bombarded with questions from all my mates saying how i need a snorkel asap. Just how important is it, I get that the stock airflow into the engine bay isnt great with no scoop or anything. But is it really important and should be an immediate focus. The car i had before this one was a Petrol 80 series, and never bothered to even look at a snorkel for that rig. Cheers guys.

Also is there any real difference between the stainless steel ones and the plastic ones, because price wise i can get a safari snorkel for $500 and cant find a stainless steel one below $1'200... The wallet is pretty tight right now after buying the nav ahaha

Hey mate,

As far as a snorkel goes, it will keep the motor breathing if you happen to put the bonnet underwater haha. They also apparently reduce the amount of dust that gets into the filter when you're travelling on dirt behind someone else, but that I can't say for sure.

They do also reduce the intake air temperature as they bring air in a lot higher than road level. As for the difference between stainless and plastic, it depends what you like the look of. Stainless won't be affected by weathering as much (if at all) compared to the plastic ones. They will also take a lot more beating off road than what a plastic one will.

Not sure about the NP300s, but my d40 stx used to suck air in from inside the front left mud guard / quarter panel

Living on long dusty dirt roads, this was far from ideal and a lot of dust was getting sucked into the filter

I fitted a safari snorkel about 5 years ago. Now theres next to no dust in the filter, only a few little bugs

The main thing with the safari snorkels (and they are by far the best plastic snorkel) is to hit it with plenty of armorall every month or two through summer

Keeps it dark, smooth and supple and stops oxidation of the plastic
Mine still looks brand spankers at 5 years old

Latest posts

Back