Leaking water pump & cylinder head

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monty18

Reaction score
Hi guys & gals,
I have recently purchased 2010 build (Thai) d40 with 2.5. 98,000kms.
just had it serviced and they tell me it has a leaky water pump. ok i book it in to have water pump replaced and now they tell me i have a leaking cylinder head gasket.
Wanting to know if this is a common issue. Have been told that it is a $3,500 - $4,000 job providing there is no crack in the cylinder head.
Have not had an issue with coolant levels even after driving from Hobart to Brisbane.
Any ideas?
Cheers
Monty

have a look at the waterpump and see if you can feel any water in the center of pump underside, theres normally a hole [ tell tail ] its called and wheen the bearing seal leaks the water will drip from this underside hole.
as far as the cylinder head goes , have a good look and see if it could just be some engine oil leakage from the rocker cover which will drip down the cylinder head and look like the head is leaking. only proper test is a pressure test but you should have the waterpump fixed before the head pressure test is done.

Welcome to the forum.

As above.

If you've still got a warranty on it though, the head gasket isn't a normal wear-and-tear item so it should be covered. The water pump should probably be covered too, I'd have thought.

It's not a simple job popping the head off a diesel engine so the price tag is not unexpected. The question is, is it really necessary? Check first!

Latest posts

Back