Full Length Roof Tray Dual Cab Flexible Cabin Mounts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortyNavros

Reaction score
Okay so I know you cant permanently mount a full length roof tray to both the canopy/tub and the cab.

But what if you mount the roof tray to the canopy/tub with internal frame and then just rest the roof tray on the cabin roof racks, ie dont fix the front of the roof tray down just rest it there on top of the racks so it is holding some load.

This way when the canopy/tub or cabin flexes the roof tray remains flexing with the tub/canopy and one side of the roof tray will lift off the front roof racks on the cabin. This means there should be two points of contact on the front of the roof tray with the cabin roof racks when the tub/canopy flexes differently to the cabin.

Is this possible, not sure if the front would vibrate/make a ton of noise if it inst fixed to the cabin? Has anyone done it, I can find very little info on the topic? Except for of course the main thing people say is you cant hard mount the rood tray to both the tub/canopy and the cabin.

Could also add in some sort of flexible mounting option for the cabin roof racks with some sort of bolt through a rubber bushing type setup.

Cheers,
Alex

i see where your coming at with mounting this rack from one end to the other so to speak which could cause some flex issues where the rack meets the main roof cab from the rear tub roof. how about you grab some 3 ich wide x 20mm thick black foam from Bunnings [ concreters use it ] and run a strip along both main roof cab racks then use some good sized cable ties to keep all in place and snug. i would use about 6 cable ties per rack [ tot 12 ] i am sure this will work well plus still give you the flex movement you may need .

Back