New to this forum

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lozenger

Reaction score
Hi.... have just purchased my first Navara.... a project car as it came less motor.. while car is down getting a new motor, I am sorting out a few items.... before I get started as far as motor is concerned all under control with new turbo, new head etc... with new double rail timing chain kit.
Has anybody come across the tailgate, destroying the plastic on the slam pin, ... replacement pins are around $70 each bloody ridiculous.... checked all the local wreckers... and all 5 they had were shagged. First thing I did was remove pin and discard all remaining plastic, at the end of thread there is a 2mm collar which I ground down then sliped a plastic sleeve over bolt relpaced washers and there was a new pin.
Now having done the pins on both sides... Tailgate wouldn't close... after head scatching and a torch it was obvious the latch on tailgate didn't line up with pin. Checked hinges on tailgate and the latch hoping they were slotted and adjustable no luck ... headed back down to wreckers... guess what none of them lined up properly.... I would have thought there would be some adjustment ... so off came both latches and I elongated the holes by about 4mm and reassembled .... problem solvered and tailgate closes nicely ... without destroying the slam sleeve I made up .... 👍👍👍👍

Latest posts

Back