Removing intake manifold?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Hey all I'm new to the page. I put my egr plate in a while back and noticed the usual carbon build up in the intake manifold. Just wondering how many people have pulled off their manifold. Can it be done without removing injector lines? I'm just unsure if the lines will leak, cause I've heard you can get away with reusing them 75% of the time. It's a bit of a risk considering the price of the lines.

I'm just finishing do mine now. It's pretty straight forward. I pulled my injector lines and rail off. Make sure you blow/wash the seals in the tappet cover where the injector lines go through. Mine had a heap of sand in them

Cheers mate let me know how ya get on. Iv just ordered a hot pipe and fitted a catch can not to long ago. Did you clean out intercooler etc while your at it as well? Iv got a big cleaning mission planned, just the intake im not sure about.

Sounds like you got the same idea as me, give everything a good clean out. Have you seen the Liqui Moly Diesel Purge Injector Cleaner product? Was thinking of giving it a shot as part of the clean out.

Oh yeah looks like a good thing. I just took mine for a drive then. Priming the fuel was easy. I just followed the manual. I didn't notice any difference with the hot pipe. The damn pipes blew apart cause they don't line up real good.

It's a forefront one. Nah no body lift. It just seemed like the bends weren't perfect. Plus the hose wasn't long enough. I had to buy my own

Thats disappointing, i was looking at Forefront but ended up ordering a Plazmaman yesterday. Hows the ute running after the clean out anyway?

Did you replace the gasket on the manifold? Iv heard that its possible to reuse them but for the sake of a $40 part would ya bother?

Latest posts

Back