The Ultimate Suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im running ULTIMATE SUSPENSION in my 2010 st and love it both on and off the road. despite the fact that my ute got lifted it now handles better than standard across the board in all conditions.
i would recommend this suspension to any one looking to upgrade. great service, warranty, workmanship and the price was not too bad for what i have now, not the cheapest nor the dearest imo great value.

Thanks for the feedback Nathand22. It's good to hear you're enjoying our products.

I apologise too for the later replies everyone. I thought it was set up to notify me of replies but I must have done it wrong :sorry:

It's probably too late now but-
We have actually put the smart lift development on hold for the Navara and Triton. It is becoming increasingly difficult to get vehicles engineered so we are waiting to see what the outcome of all the laws will be. These kits take a lot of time and money to develop and we can't afford to invest too much in the project if we can't make it street legal. We are also in the process of setting up an agent in Canberra. The guy used to be our distributor there about 15 years ago (Canberra 4WD) before having a bad accident. He is now starting up a new 4WD shop which will be great. Alternatively Queanbeyan diesel are also a distributor of ours down there.

The airbags are great but a well designed spring should suit your application perfectly. Because leaf springs are progressive, we can design it to be more comfortable than standard yet carry the GVM without a problem. If you were to run airbags, I recommend integrating them with a complete suspension kit to ensure the load is distributed evenly. If not set up properly, there is a risk of damaging the chassis with them.

The prices listed on our website are current for all Navaras regardless of the spring rates. We focus more on ensuring the correct spring rates and shock valving is selected.

As most people now know i have bought another D40 and after being so happy with the suspension setup on the last one i had the guys at ULTIMATE fit out the new one.
Once again the guys were great to deal with and have done anther awsome job and have also fitted the offset caster bushes which allowed them to get 55mm of lift in the front with the winch fitted and as always the ride is AWESOME.

So as i said last time, if you are looking at suspension give ULTIMATE a call, Brendan and the rest of the guys are great to deal with.
OH and let them know you are from the forum and they will do you a "members" price.

Gday Brendan, I can vouch for the quality and service of The Ultimate suspension first hand. The boys down there and especially yourself Brendan were awesome. They took my 07 STX which is my work car/daily drive and also family car. For work i carry alot of constant load i think the boys said 1200kg across the rear axle and they built the setup to suit, and gave me an extra 2 inchs (if only it was that easy the wife says) So cheers to everyone down there and I am more than happy to recommend them to everyone. I will try and get some pics, not sure if brendan got any before and afters?

Yeah mate im really happy with everything, for an IFS set up it does the job thats for sure, and after 110,000km the last ute now has on it my brother in-law says its still going great and the white one in the pics has 40;000 on it at the time those pics were taken and is like the day i picked it up.

Last edited:
How does it perform without the sway bar? Worth raking off?

IMO it is, and i find that it really doesnt make a massive difference on the TAR but it does on the dirt where i want it too, so for me it all good.
Sure you can tell the difference when throwing it through a roundabout for eg but i know its a DC ute and never expect it to be a racer.
If you want to do a trail run, just unbolt one side which affectively renders the sway bar useless, then take it for a spin and see for your self that way its only two bolts and if you dont like it its very easy to put back..

Hey Brendon, Just wanted to say thanks for your support with this years Navara Muster it will help us put on a great event and the winner of the prize a happy camper.

So for anyone looking to upgrade their suspension setup or looking to fix any issues with their current set up give these guys a call.

I Have had all my Navara's set up by the guys at Ultimate and i cant speak highly enough of them, from their knowledge to the equipment it really is "THE ULTIMATE"

Check out page 3 of this thread to see my last d40 on the track of Lithgow, you will see just how much i was getting out of their suspension.

Last edited:
hey all

so i know that this is The Ultimate Suspension thread and they will mau reply to this post or may not.

I have been searching for new springs due to a failure i had on a recent trip i have completed. this involved two(2) failed leaf springs which were sold to me as the best on the market and i will be replacing the vehicle before i replaced the springs. 3 years on and bam both fail on the same trip and just out of warranty.

Now ive nailed my results down to The Ultimate Suspension and ARB OME Gear. What i want to know is how people with ultimate suspension gear are going and how do you rate it. I am chasing HD springs which would be there HD +200 GVM springs packs? What im noticing is that what Ultimate are selling as a HD kit 4+2(+1small leaf for better seating) is what manufacturers like EFS etc are selling as comfort springs, so im a little concerned about them not being up to the task of the loads ill be carrying.

Also is there any catches to the LIFETIME warranty? i will be installing all the gear myself.

Thanks
Russell

G'day Rusty
My D22 has Ultimate gear and from my point of view it's great. I'm set up for distance touring rather than hard core, and not wound up to top lift height (missus can't climb in if it is- steps are off), but it is great stuff.

They did the install, drove it, didn't like the ride from the front shocks they installed, so ripped them out and did it again!

Some issues with getting a good wheel alignment but that wasn't them but the tyre joint down the road, but they patiently put up with me and got it done again until it was right.

Brendan was great to deal with, nothing is a problem.

I haven't actually followed through on the quote for the suspension upgrade(not the highest priority
& health), but what I did was take in some weights (trailer, tow ball, ute, and wheel splits to Ultimate and explained what I was seeking. If you can provide fitters with this sort of data, then you'll probably get a better fit.

Anyone tried the ultimate suspension in their d23 np300?
If so what are your thoughts?
I am after comfort, and i am very happy with the comfort of the standard suspension, but it rides a bit low so was thinking of getting a 2 inch lift, but i am concerned the comfort levels then wont be as good

Latest posts

Back