Engine Fan Constantly Engaged

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jared87

Reaction score
I've owned my ST for a week now and did notice that the engine fan roars on take off but is usually disengaged within a few hundred metres but the last 2 days it is now constantly on which is very loud and annoying. Has anyone else had something similar or know if its a common problem.

how does the fan feel when you try and turn it by hand [ engine off of course] does it spin easy or is there some or alot of resistance ??

they should have a bit of resistance especially when cold.
if they spin freely its stuffed (lack of silicone oil).
whats your outside temps at the mo? with high outdoor temps the fan is going to come on earlier than normal. but it should go off when it cools down.

Fan feels fine, small amount of resistance as you would expect. Went for a leisurely drive outside temps about 25-28 and it didn't turn off once. Like I said its been on constantly now for the last 2 days which have been probably the coolest days we've had here in over 2 weeks. Is there any chance that the thermal spring has stuck.

thats all i can think it will be. the thermostat on the front of the fan has stuck.

do these fans have a thermostat built in ? i thought they just worked with engine rpms ie; faster at low rpms and slower at higher engine rpms.

Drove to work today and was fine again. Very strange that it stayed on all weekend day and night. I will monitor and let them know at the 1000km service in a week or so.

Latest posts

Back