Cranking, won’t start. Immobiliser?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunMentalGrey

Reaction score
Hi all, my 2007 STX has been running well, apart from a new battery a couple of weeks ago.

A couples of time recently it wouldn’t start. Winds over just fine, but wouldn’t fire.

First time I noticed the immobiliser light on the dash so ran back inside, grabbed the spare key and away we went. Same again yesterday, except the spare key failed a couple of attempts them fired. Maybe I didn’t wait long enough as the spare key was in the console so I switched them as soon as the ‘normal’ key wouldn’t work. Had to remove the key and wait a few seconds, then ran wit the spare key. Later last night the usual key worked fine again. Started fine this morning with the usual key.

Question is wether it could be the key failing, or something up with the computer. Maybe I didn’t leave it long enough to switch keys yesterday which is why the spare failed first up. My normal key has been switched into a folding key fob and the fold button is sticking. I’m wondering whether the key has got wet and corroded a bit, it has been in my pocket while running and riding lately and it has been a pretty sweaty in the heat. It still unlocks and locks the doors just fine.

I think you're on the right track. Sounds like the transponder in the normal key is not working properly. When you got the flip key, did you remove the chop from the original factory key or have a new chip put in it and reprogrammed to the car?

That’s what I’m thinking (hoping), just the key. Yes, the key is the guts of the original key inserted into a case from eBay. I probably should open it up and check it for corrosion etc.

Main reason I posted here was to see if it might be something a bit common.

Latest posts

Back