Go Back   The Navara Forum > General Discussions > Main Forum

Anyone Used Matsumo ZD30 Tensioner?
Old 27-11-2019, 06:10 AM

Default Anyone Used Matsumo ZD30 Tensioner?

Hey everyone, I have a 2005 ZD30 Navara with the annoying tensioner squeal. I was looking around as I want to fix it but I am on a tight budget I found a kit branded as Matsumo https://www.onlineautoparts.com.au/products/ZPN-15149 for $54.95 AUD anyone used it? I saw you can get genuine. But it's about four times the price even from this mob. I haven't heard of Matsumo before was just wondering if anyone can give me some advice or feedback?
Sponsored Links

Old 28-11-2019, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member

Garage

no idea on that brand. but i think i have replaced the bearings in the pulley before.
i have replaced the tensioner with a cheap one before and its still going tho it really has not done a lot of km's on it yet.

Old 28-11-2019, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
no idea on that brand. but i think i have replaced the bearings in the pulley before.
i have replaced the tensioner with a cheap one before and its still going tho it really has not done a lot of km's on it yet.
I just saw www.OnlineAutoParts.com.au has 20% off for Black Friday sales so I am just going to pull the trigger and give them a go. Thanks for your response

Old 29-11-2019, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroomie View Post
I just saw www.OnlineAutoParts.com.au has 20% off for Black Friday sales so I am just going to pull the trigger and give them a go. Thanks for your response
Yeah, their parts are cheap. I know people have used all sorts of cheap aftermarket ones with no problems after quite a few kilometres. It's also a very easy job and far cheaper to simply to change the bearing though, if that has clagged it. Not really much more work involved than swapping it for a new one. I take a spare bearing if going remote.

Old 29-11-2019, 07:22 AM

Oh that's a good suggestion thanks. Always looking for other spares to carry with me.

Anyone Used Matsumo ZD30 Tensioner?
Old 05-12-2019, 01:10 AM

Default Anyone Used Matsumo ZD30 Tensioner?

Received and fitted, the unit went on without an issue. I followed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXQUXgu6tK4&t=1s as a guide was easy enough to follow.

Tags
matsumo, onlineautoparts, squel, tensioner, zd30