uh oh black smoke no go...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember Shonky saying the Ryco fuel filters didn't seal properly.

I use genuine.

spoke to the dealer today will get ute back tomorrow all FIXED!!!! they have done all the work ,will post specifics later with report, total sum including tow and parts and labour = $95.
not bad i thought, the charge is for a new genuine fuel filter and air filter.
just hope its all good, finger crossed, i consider myself pretty lucky.

got my ute back today and all good, just like a bought one.
was talking to another mate today after getting the report from the dealer and our theory goes that the exhaust sensor had a palpitation when the exhaust manifold had a crack in it, it was sucking in extra air thru the crack making the sensor think it was getting too much air so it overload the delivery of extra fuel to compensate, hence the extra fuel burning off in the exhaust, resulting in black smoke..... any thoughts?

here is the invoice on what main north did to my ute. cheers to all for your comments, very much appreciated in a time of stress.:cheers!:

Attachments

• main north invoice.jpg
    main north invoice.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 117
The exhaust is pressurized, so it won't suck air. If anything, there would be black soot marks around the crack indicating its presence. That's how EGR gets from the exhaust to the intake, even with a turbocharger boosting the intake manifold pressure. I've got my doubts that it was sucking oxygen through a crack.

It's possible that it was mis-reading the fuel rail pressure and ramping the pressure up. When the injector opens, much more fuel than needed is injected resulting in incomplete combustion - black, sooty exhaust.

Gotta agree with Tony about the manifold.

Its hard to say really what it could have been.

Latest posts

Back