Anyone running 3" lift?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget you'll also pay customs duties on anything you import over $1000 AU.

I also run 2 inch lift (EFS) all round with Cal Offroad UCA's, bloody awesome setup. Next time I would probably go Bilstein shocks though.

So how do you guys go with chamber? I know my old rodeo which has pretty much the same suspension setup as a nav had massive camber issues when i lifted it 45mm. i took it for multiple wheel alignments but know one could ever or atleast said they couldnt change it. you could just about put a finger under the tread on the outside and it chopped the inside of tyres out super quick. it was noticable even by eye sometimes it looked like the wheel was about to fall off lol. is this a problem with the nav and is the a way to combat it. are the ucas longer to compensate etc. any info would be great.
I didnt care on my old work rodeo but i dont want a brand new car with chamber issuses

Camber and is adjustable on the nav, any wheel and tyre place that tells you otherwise isn't worthy of your custom.

This is done via the elongated bolts in the UCA's and is fully adjustable after changing out the UCA's.

Does any one out there have a upper controll arm
To borrow or some accurate measurements of one
I would love to make a couple of sets I have access
To plasma cutters and Proffesionsl welders at work
It looks to me that cal off road and snake racing are
Selling the exact same uca for close to the same price
And for what they are there way to expensive.

Does any one out there have a upper controll arm
To borrow or some accurate measurements of one
I would love to make a couple of sets I have access
To plasma cutters and Proffesionsl welders at work
It looks to me that cal off road and snake racing are
Selling the exact same uca for close to the same price
And for what they are there way to expensive.

If you ever do get the chance to get some and make them,
I will most likely buy a set off you.

I got the 3" calmini kit in mine with bilstein shocks and I love it, goes well with my 33" KM2's, but it's illegal so I'm planning on lowering the car and getting 32's.

I dealt with cal offroad and will never go through them again, sent out t/bars that were 20mm to short, would not answer calls and if they did, it was the usual "new bars in the post" shit. so ended up getting some snake racing t/bars instead, was quite a costly exercise. Shit happens nav looks good now. Would also like to add it took 7 months to get the gear, but I lived and worked up north at the time so didn't bother me that much.
Brett

Brett

bbryant85 said:
I got the 3" calmini kit in mine with bilstein shocks and I love it, goes well with my 33" KM2's, but it's illegal so I'm planning on lowering the car and getting 32's.

I dealt with cal offroad and will never go through them again, sent out t/bars that were 20mm to short, would not answer calls and if they did, it was the usual "new bars in the post" shit. so ended up getting some snake racing t/bars instead, was quite a costly exercise. Shit happens nav looks good now. Would also like to add it took 7 months to get the gear, but I lived and worked up north at the time so didn't bother me that much.
Brett

Brett

I'll buy te Uca's off you :)

Brett

Brett

Is it illegal even if I get it engineered? You live in west oz, things could be different there. But im putting a 2" body lift in this weekend then was going to order the 3" calmini through my mechanic. Ill be running 33's aswell.

Im getting it shipped from the US instead of call offroad as its so much cheaper!!

UCA's will be staying, should just be able to wind down torsion bars? If I can't my mate had first dibs, sorry mate.

AS for illegal or not, as far as I am aware WA follows AUSTRALIAN laws and doesn't make their own up so anything over 50mm of lift including a suspension lift, body lift or bigger tires or all of the above has to undertake a lane change test and be certified by an engineer. Under 50mm is self certified. And going from stock tires(31's I think) to 33's can't be certified due to Nissans standards on the utes placard(can't look now as I'm up north working 4-1's) But I could be wrong. I didn't look into it, I just assumed it was all good because I see GQ's on 35's with 6" of lift all the time but they have no disregard to the law I don't think or they don't know the laws.

Hopefully someone can clarify this.

Brett

Ofcourse just wind them down mate... You'll have a good amount of downtravel that way..

Ofcourse just wind them down mate... You'll have a good amount of downtravel that way..

thanks, didn't think the uca's had to come off. Just a quick question that's off topic fb, how does your nav sound with your 3" zorst? Better than stock? Meaty or quiet hum? Getting mine put on with chip next week.

Brett

I only have one muffler. Sounds much more meaty. Nice whistle from turbo also..

UCA's will be staying, should just be able to wind down torsion bars? If I can't my mate had first dibs, sorry mate.

AS for illegal or not, as far as I am aware WA follows AUSTRALIAN laws and doesn't make their own up so anything over 50mm of lift including a suspension lift, body lift or bigger tires or all of the above has to undertake a lane change test and be certified by an engineer. Under 50mm is self certified. And going from stock tires(31's I think) to 33's can't be certified due to Nissans standards on the utes placard(can't look now as I'm up north working 4-1's) But I could be wrong. I didn't look into it, I just assumed it was all good because I see GQ's on 35's with 6" of lift all the time but they have no disregard to the law I don't think or they don't know the laws.

Hopefully someone can clarify this.

Brett

Not to be a pain in the ass, but those UCA would need to be engineered also as they have replaced the standard Nissan control arm form what i have read. I might be wrong, which is good as mine are turning up next week.lol

Im planning on painting mine black, getting them dirty and they will soon look standard anyhow...

I hate how everything is illegal on the nav. I have seen so many other trucks with 6 inch lifts with 35's and they seem to have no problem what-so-ever with the law.

I wish a 4wdriver was the man charge of all modification laws, then we would have no problems.

Latest posts

Back