20,000km 1year Log Book Service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I ended up getting the ute serviced at a dealer. first real service, just wanted to make sure all was good to their specifications.
It took 2.5hrs to change the oil and perform the inspections. When finished, I asked if there were any software updates performed, they said no. I questioned as to why, A brand new model, 12mths down the track and not 1 update - VERY LAZY by Nissan or very strange to say the least.
They also said that they will drop the service price down $140 because they didn't have a cabin air filter on hand to replace - seriously, no filter on hand and $140??? bloody hell.

3rdly I asked about the fuel gauge issues both on the software front and the sender front, no mention. He says that he routinely attends the nationwide meetings with Nissan and this isn't mentioned as being a problem.
He recommended in taking pictures whilst it occurs, even at the bowser to show fuel usage, and fuel remaining etc and send it to him or Nissan direct to indicate that customers are actually having real problems on this front.

Which dealer was that mate? I've got to get mine done in a few weeks.... Having the same dilemma but if they don't do any software upgrades then local mechanic it is.... Did they upgrade the sat Nav maps????

It was the Motorama group at Browns Plains. After going through this process, I would definitely recommend to get your local mechanic do the log book service and when if only when Nissan get their finger out and develop a software update maybe consider using the dealership for the upgrade.
As for the satnav, that will be a separate update and will need to be purchased yourself as a stand alone update. not sure when the new map has or will be released.

Thanks mate, regarding the sat nav just last week the system has been flashing up a message saying there is a new version available.... I reckon they should upgrade it for free as the current maps are 2013!!

Latest posts

Back