Thanks for nothing Mr Nissan!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyd22

Reaction score
Hey guys. My 2012 d22 had been making a squealing noise from the rear for the last few days. Took it to my local dealer to find out that the center tail shaft baring had chewed itself out. The noise was the tail shaft being thrown around the inside of the housing!! Then they told me its not covered on warrenty because of the 40mm OME suspension lift so it's gonna cost me $850 + labor to replace the baring. After hours of arguing with the manager on how you could possibly blame it on the suspension I went to my local ARB who were as dumbfounded as I was. They replaced it with a genuine baring for $450 including labor!!! How dose that work!!!! So F U mr nissan!!!!

Can I 1 piece tailshaft be made totally eliminating the centre bearing ???
Just like they had back in the "old" days ??

I do believe that was an error on their part. Just 40mm of suspension lift is nowhere near enough to cause damage. Many cars have much more lift without any problems.

This one is worth making a proper (and reasoned) complaint to Nissan. Don't attack Nissan over it, this sounds like a dealer decision.

Interesting how one Nissan dealer, I think it was in Mackay that were offering D22's for sale complete with lift kit and full Warranty!

Fairly typical tho. In fact fairly typical of most dealers not matter what the make.

Have to agree with Old Tony, I shouldn't have thought 40mm lift would be enough to deny a warranty claim and this would appear to be a dealer decision. If I was faced with a similar situation, I would ask them to put it in writing. Then you could take that to the installer (in this case ARB) and either ask for warranty through them, or let them fight the manufacturer on your behalf.

Cheers Tanz.

Yes I will be calling nissan monday morning to complain. As its my work vehicle aswell I needed it fixed asap. I think im more annoyed that nissan were going to change me double what arb did....

G'day
I could have had 6 year Nissan warranty on 50mm ARB Suspension Lift if I paid the dealer to arrange installation on the new vehicle. Warranty covers all mods arranged by the dealer.

i could see how a lift might make uni's and cv's wear a bit quicker but i cant see how a lift would change any wear on a centre bearing. no angles are being changed on it

Lift = steeper tailshaft angle.
Though I sure hope the std suspension has a cyclic range of more than +/- 40mm ????

Latest posts

Back