SAFETY ALERT Portable gas cooker

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed at kmart yesterday they have the twin burner jackeroo units on the shelf. Exactly the same as those mentioned but with 2 burners.

its not the cookers that are the problem it is the cannisters without the CRV mechanism which explode when exposed to temps above 50 deg

No its the cookers. Not the can. Cans are still for sale everywhere. But the cookers arnt. Its a fault with the cookers shut off valve

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-05-16-22-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-05-16-22-52.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 125
The issue is when you use a BBQ plate or frying pan that is too big and covers the gas cartridge. This exposes the cylinder to high temps which can cause them to explode due to the faulty shutoff mechanism. I have a double burner and use a BBQ plate which fits perfectly, no overhang. So I'm happy to keep using mine. I have accidentally left a 4 pack of canisters in the drawers in my Patrol for over a month before realising during summer and the inside of the car would get over 50 C easily here in Perth and they were fine. That being said I don't leave them in there now.

Mine broke, so I didn't bother fixing it. Instead I forked out on a Coleman two burner that I can use either their small gas bottle or a large one. It absolutely craps all over the cheapy for efficiency and quick.

Latest posts

Back