Landcruiser 80 series airbox into d22.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well after all the stuffing around they actually sent me a full diesel box so is there anyway i can modify this water trap or the guard to accomodate it? i got the hole lot for $100 is that a good price?

i thought you said you had a petrol air box to start with...thats what you need with a diesel lid...
got my box for $20...

na thats what they told me they had so thats what i ordered and then it arrived and its a diesel one i had to get it posted from launceston and i was only going on what they said on the phone sorry fr the confusion

everything is done and in full diesel box in with water trap and all fitted up no problem

Attachments

• IMAG0230.jpg
    IMAG0230.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 876
  • IMAG0228.jpg
    IMAG0228.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 847
  • IMAG0229.jpg
    IMAG0229.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 821
good work starry d22,
do u have a snorkel for it?
where does your water trap sit,facing the guard? or facing the engine?

ah facing the engine mate.. and yea im getting full 3 inch stainless snorkel put on it tomorrow.. its made so much difference more acceleration and torque down low and gives an awesome induction noise i cant wait to hear it with the snorkel :rock:

here my snorkel all plumbed up still have to grind the welds back and smooth it out the guy didnt do a very good welding job but he said it was cause he knew he was grinding them back then i dunno know wether to stay with black or go silver as the colour?

Attachments

• PB140936.jpg
    PB140936.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 531
is that the only bracket holding yours on,just near the indicator?

i had all the welds ground and polishe off..
looks much better like that..

Hey boys going to put my airbox in on the weekend.. Does it matter where I put the sensor? In the actual box would be easiest or extend wiring and put it on outlet? Cheers

i havent put mine in yet.
if you take off the elec/tape wrapped around it, it will reach the new box easily.
i just need to drill a hole bigenough to fit the rubber gromet straight into the lid..
cheers,joe

Automotive mass airflow sensors
A mass airflow sensor.A mass air flow sensor is used to find out the mass of air entering a fuel-injected internal combustion engine. The air mass information is necessary for the engine control unit (ECU) to balance and deliver the correct fuel mass to the engine. Air changes its density as it expands and contracts with temperature and pressure. In automotive applications, air density varies with the ambient temperature, altitude and use of forced induction and this is an ideal application for a mass sensor. (See stoichiometry and ideal gas law.)

There are two common types of mass airflow sensors in use on automotive engines. These are the vane meter and the hot wire. Neither design employs technology that measures air mass directly. However, with an additional sensor or two, the engine's air mass flow rate can be accurately determined.

Both approaches are used almost exclusively on electronic fuel injection (EFI) engines. Both sensor designs output a 0.0–5.0 volt or a pulse-width modulation (PWM) signal that is proportional to the air mass flow rate, and both sensors have an intake air temperature (IAT) sensor incorporated into their housings.

When a MAF is used in conjunction with an oxygen sensor, the engine's air/fuel ratio can be controlled very accurately. The MAF sensor provides the open-loop predicted air flow information (the measured air flow) to the ECU, and the oxygen sensor provides closed-loop feedback in order to make minor corrections to the predicted air mass

that sensor is not actually a MAF sensor, it is an air intake temperature sensor.

Latest posts

Back