Recommend a new clutch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woosha

Reaction score
Can anyone recomend a new clutch for my 07 d40, still has the original dmf clutch so looking at upgrading to smf. The bus has done 200000km so not a bad effort for the old girl.

Cheers in advance Woosha.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Not so sure about exedy. Have seen bad reports about them on here, mainly the throw out bearing not lasting very long. From memory, 4terrain (from memory) seem to have a good name according to a few guys here.

I can testify 1st hand to the shitness of exceedy and the greatness of 4terrain. There's another one that's also local made and supposed to be pretty good, ProClutch or something?

Cheers guys is there different levels of clutch from 4terrain? And did you get them of ebay or is there a conyact one this forum?

Cheeers Woosha

My mechanic quoted me about $1200 for the 4terrain clutch, I picked mine up off ebay, (which turned out to be the local 4terrain factory) for half that. Mechanic was suprised and impressed i got it so cheap.

Cheers for your helps, I have orded a excedy HD for $1200 delivered so see how it goes when I get back from holidays.

Cheers for your helps, I have orded a excedy HD for $1200 delivered so see how it goes when I get back from holidays.

Well today isthebig day NED is getting the clutch in, just som progress pictures so far. Everything so for is going ok.

Pictures failed have totry and shrink size😀

Some photos of the clutch job, had gearbox pulled out, new SMF and clutch, new rear main seal, new spigot bearing and releas bearing installed. Job done in 6hrs. Did help having a hoist and a body lift in NED aswell. I did rear main seal as it wasn't leaking so replaced while new SMF installed. I just think cheap insurance and might aswell do it while it's apart. Took 6hrs todo. Would I do it again? Yep. Oh also changed the crankshaft sensor aswell. Took it out to remove before gearbox came out and found it was already damaged and pickup teeth for sensor was rubbing into sensor.

e50b2d52a84849f55c32d575ec1e58e3.jpg
7936028f5fd3330be895605a69db1d4f.jpg

You can see dowel location on crankshaft so be careful when you put your flywheel. The new SMF just had one location hole, so couldn't stuff it up. But I vam see how you can stuff it up if you put your DMF back on. I replaced the rear main seal while I had it all apart. Spigot bearing came out with the transmission input shaft. It virtually was doing nothing. I have the same pedal feel if not better and still drives quite nicely. Clutch was a Excedy HD which came with everthing including new bolts for flywheel. The pressure plate can only go on one way to I noticed.

Latest posts

Back