Limp mode no EML

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also Tony, I am awaiting the arrival of a vacuum tester from eBay, primarily for brake bleeding but it will work all the same, to observe the behaviour of my actuator arm under vacuum.

You could just use a new piece of hose on the actuator and suck on it yourself to produce vacuum, it doesn't need a lot and you'll see it work.

Could the turbo fail? Absolutely. Been there before too. But since (here) turbochargers cost $1400 each and fitting is about $350, it's an expensive exercise and it's just good practice to eliminate the other things first because they're not going to cost you a lot to check.

I'd hate to be the one to say to someone "Yeah mate, replace the turbo" only to find out it was a $2 piece of hose, so we go through the cheap stuff first and through a process of elimination we find the problem.

It's just bloody slow on a forum. If you were in my driveway we'd have done all of these things within the first hour of the first day and probably have replaced the turbocharger and the left hand windscreen wiper blade already.

Solved!

Hi guys back after a long while.
So after messing around with and replacing sensors and trying every other bit of info I could find and with nothing working I bit the bullet.
One hell of a job and expense later the turbo was replaced and my limp mode issue is solved. On inspection of the old turbo it has massive end float on the turbine shaft, probably caused by over spooling due to running so long with a blown intercooler (not me previous owner) so thanks for all your help and here’s to a proper working V6 now!

Hi Alpha242
Did you have any luck with this? Sounds like I have exactly the same problem with my 2008 D40, only difference is, when limp mode kicks in, if I back off the accelerator then press it again I get power back, but if I’m still going up hill or towing it will go back into limp mode after a short while.

That could be excessive boosting too. Doesn't happen straight away, you can pull out from behind the car that's going too slow, but just as you're alongside them limp mode engages. Back off a little and hit it again and you can continue a bit more - that's how it worked for me, anyway.

I noticed at the time that my ECU was reporting the boost pressure as a vacuum at that point. Back off the Tilix valve and the problem went away.

Latest posts

Back