NEW to NAVs 2.5 vs 3.0 and MORE

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big problems with the Ranger/ BT 50 now. Nathan had 120k on his without a problem a year ago and he knows how to drive hard. My thoughts are to stick with what you have, the vibration D23's are now getting is more annoying.
What probs r they having?

Ha jokes aside, I'm going to pull my 2.5 down soon just to inspect the timing chains and guide. It's as quiet as a mouse and the fact that it has a whallop more grunt than standard should make no difference. The chain only drives the cams and pump, what I will find will be f all. I plan to do it at 150k and take some pic's ect to put here.

Might as well whack a ZD30 in it HJ as you don't have to worry about those things!

Ha jokes aside, I'm going to pull my 2.5 down soon just to inspect the timing chains and guide. It's as quiet as a mouse and the fact that it has a whallop more grunt than standard should make no difference. The chain only drives the cams and pump, what I will find will be f all. I plan to do it at 150k and take some pic's ect to put here.

Its a big job. You know its not a lawnmower, right?

If you're going to pull a yd25 down I'd suggest while you're in there to put the double row chain kit in from Paul at yd25.com.au.
His kit is top notch with choice of Japanese Nissan chain or German Iwis chain
My chain snapped at 70k with no rattle or other sign of wear, had never been revved hard and serviced every 5k with genuine everything
We pulled the little bastard out of the sump like a limp dead snake

If you're going to pull a yd25 down I'd suggest while you're in there to put the double row chain kit in from Paul at yd25.com.au.
His kit is top notch with choice of Japanese Nissan chain or German Iwis chain
My chain snapped at 70k with no rattle or other sign of wear, had never been revved hard and serviced every 5k with genuine everything
We pulled the little bastard out of the sump like a limp dead snake
what year model is your navara ?

Yep I've posted this somewhere here before but a service bloke at Nissan recently told me off the record that the timing chains were sourced from a French company at the time.
Nissan Japan and Nissan Europe between them ballsed up the specs and it's simply not strong enough.
The Iwis double row chain we put in was huge compared to the original.
Never fails to amaze me how many different countries provided parts for the stx yd25.
Compared to the d22 zd30 which was almost 100% built in japan.
I've got a list of countries I've seen on various parts that's sitting around the 20 mark.

Yep I've posted this somewhere here before but a service bloke at Nissan recently told me off the record that the timing chains were sourced from a French company at the time.
Nissan Japan and Nissan Europe between them ballsed up the specs and it's simply not strong enough.
The Iwis double row chain we put in was huge compared to the original.
Never fails to amaze me how many different countries provided parts for the stx yd25.
Compared to the d22 zd30 which was almost 100% built in japan.
I've got a list of countries I've seen on various parts that's sitting around the 20 mark.

Mmm, the YD25 has been around for ages in various forms. We may be getting closer to a solution.

it does amaze me thinking about why nissan did a top double row chain for the timing and a single row bottom chain for the pump. why didn,t they use a full double for both ? i suppost the bottom single pump chain has alot less stress on it compared to the top double timing chains, maybe ??

All the chain drives is the cams and the pump, I've heard the pump needs more than 10 h/p to power it, still seems like the luck of the drawer. Some have a poor service attitude and drive like a goose and yet no problems. Then you have a pedantic owner that over services and drives like a granny and has every problem under the sun.

All the chain drives is the cams and the pump, I've heard the pump needs more than 10 h/p to power it, still seems like the luck of the drawer. Some have a poor service attitude and drive like a goose and yet no problems. Then you have a pedantic owner that over services and drives like a granny and has every problem under the sun.
Treat em mean, keep em keen hahaha

it does amaze me thinking about why nissan did a top double row chain for the timing and a single row bottom chain for the pump. why didn,t they use a full double for both ? i suppost the bottom single pump chain has alot less stress on it compared to the top double timing chains, maybe ??

i suspect the cams has a lot of impact force when the cam lobe hits the valve, which transfers to the chain and the injection pump is relatively smooth in comparison.

i suspect the cams has a lot of impact force when the cam lobe hits the valve, which transfers to the chain and the injection pump is relatively smooth in comparison.
thats probably why the stock timing chain is a dual row type not single like the bottom pump chain.

Back