Raw suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah good point. Does anyone know for sure any problems that might arise from putting the springs with the long side forward
Out of interest, how much lift did you get out of your leaves? If possible can you get a measurement from bottom of rim to bottom of guard?

Out of interest, how much lift did you get out of your leaves? If possible can you get a measurement from bottom of rim to bottom of guard?

Hey mate 805mm on both sides at the rear. Can't tell you what is was before hand but has jumped up heaps as my old springs were nearly flat!! I've maintained a decent gap for the bump stops at the front so my truck has that nose down, rear raised look

That measurement is with 4 bags of cement in the tub to help smooth it out until I build a canopy and draws

Last edited:
Hmm I put in blue max springs(heavy duty) and as u can see in the pics, the retainer is not that far away from the bump stop. I tried jamming the tape measure in there for a size comparison but it wouldn't fit! That's how close they are.
If I spun the springs around then there is no bracket in that spot on the other end. Also might help the diff angle a little bit and get rid of the annoying vibrations I'm now getting. View attachment 21081View attachment 21082

I also measured the spring and I already have the shorter end to the front. My thinking is that if I turn them around it should pull the axle back a little which will help straighten out the pinion angle a bit??? Kind of like adding castor wedges?? Don't crucify me to hard, just a thought!

Zordo care to comment?? I know you use blue max springs so you will know by the pic if I have these around the wrong way.
805mm is heaps higher than stock. As far as I know a stock one is 730mm. Mine was sitting at 715mm before lift, that was with sagged flat springs. My new leaves only lifted it to 760mm which was a bit disappointing as it's only 30mm over a stock one.
The difference must be that your new springs are heavy duty ones and mine are comfort ones so i have one less leaf on them... I have a constant 100 or so kg's in the back now so might get one of the leaves added from the old stock leaf pack to the new pack to make into into a HD leaf spring.

Your driveline problems must just be that yours lifted so much higher than stock as I don't have any issues with shudder at 760mm of height. That extra 45mm you got would be enough to change driveline angles I guess.

Yeah I figured that was the cause. I have a constant 120kgs in the back at the moment and it has now dropped to 795. Although springs still have a really good curve to them so I assume they are probably around a constant 250kgs or something similar. Pretty much all the vibrations have disappeared only a few on take off now

Hey guys
My kit just arrived today

Any tips for the install, special tools required etc? Haven't don't torsion bars before so would appreciate any pointers you guys have.

Cheers

Faz

Hey guys
My kit just arrived today

Any tips for the install, special tools required etc? Haven't don't torsion bars before so would appreciate any pointers you guys have.

Cheers

Faz
Hey mate,

Yes I used that video clip as shown above to do mine. Only thing extra I had to do which wasn't shown in the video was remove the circlips on the torsion bar holder at the rear end. Not sure if it's needed or not but mine didn't just slide out like in the video without removing the clips... The rest was pretty much the same, just had to have a few hours at the end adjusting the height to get it sitting where I wanted it.

Once you're done would you be able to report back on what height you end up in the rear. Also how many turns off the bolt it took to get the front at the height you want compared to how many it took to unwind the original bar. Just curious to compare it to mine.

Cheers
Brad

awesome, I'd seen that video somewhere before but couldn't find it again.

Will keep an eye out for the circlip trick,

happy to do the measures and turns as well

measure from center of wheel to highest point of wheel arch?

awesome, I'd seen that video somewhere before but couldn't find it again.

Will keep an eye out for the circlip trick,

happy to do the measures and turns as well

measure from center of wheel to highest point of wheel arch?
Cool, that would be great. I usually go from bottom of rim to highest point of the guard, only cause I find it tricky to measure from the exact centre of the rim.

Also what rear springs did you go for? Medium or constant?

Anyway, good luck with the install, I found it to be fairly straight forward, especially the shocks and rear springs.

got the medium loads as I don't have much in the tray and when I do only a motorbike or two

will take bottom of rim (stock) to high point in guard

Also, I just saw in my previous post that I said it took a few hours to get the torsion bar height set. That was meant to be "a couple goes" instead of "a couple of hours"... Actually was only about half an hour of adjusting the height bolt to get it sitting right...

so put it in on the weekend

got 565 in the rear

only at 540 in the front but think I need to wind the torsion bats up a bit more

I have about 27 - 30mm on the lower bump stop and about 20 at the top, slightly different each side. I should be able to get a bit more oUT of the front safely shouldn't I?

quality of the ride is exponentially better with the new set in

took about 5 hours including mucking around with the stands etc to do the front and rear

Yeah that's about the same as mine. Mine have settled to about 560mm at the rear (with about 80-100kg's in the tub) and 555mm at the front.

Mine is obviously wound up a bit higher than yours at the front and is still a great ride. I had the stock suspension set at about 565 at the front and never had an issue even on tougher off road situations.

At 555mm I still have around 15mm at the upper bumpstops which from what I've read is about as small a gap as you want to go. When the fronts were set at 565 the gap was about 10mm and all was still ok but I'm happier with the 15mm gap.

Good effort getting it all done in 5 hours!

Last edited:
awesome!

I'll wind them up a bit more then get a wheel alignment.

do the fronts take long to settle?
Nah, mine didn't seem to... They only went down a few mm after about a few days to a week and I haven't noticed them sag anymore since...

No instructions with mine
But iron man have a video tondo the torsion bars
And most of the other parts can only fit one way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just put my raw suspension in today was easy heaps better ride then my efs I had in it and the raw springs are there con 250 kg where the efs were the 150kg can't believe the difference

Latest posts

Back