Sub Install in ST-R

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MACD22

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, A while ago I saw a really good thread about building a sub box for behind the back seat of an ST-R, It was really good with pictures and dimensions, now I cant find it, does anyone know the link?

Thanks

MACD22, I think I've read the thread you refer to but I don't think it's here. search in 4wd action. I am a bit of a car audio buff from way back and have done some investigation and measuring to get a sub in my D22. I can just about guarantee any normal off the shelf subs will not be a real good option behind the seat of a d22 due to depth and getting an approriately sized box in there that wont encroach on the comfort of anyone sitting there. I can say confidently enough that you will be able to jam a 10" in there but it will push the seat and you'll be able to feel it when sitting in the seat. If that doesn't worry you, fill you're boots. I am investigating the installation of an Earthquake Slimline 10" which will fit..just! and still have great performance. They also do an 8" that is supposed to be surprisingly good but will leave miles of room. BUT they are about 300 bucks. A bloke I know has his own car audio shop and was telling me about a Tube sub (like the old bazooka's that were popular once) he has had good results with them.but I'm yet to catch up with him and test it out as I can never get the keys to the ute from my wife....

If you find that link please post it i am about to embark on a sub installation myself.
It looks very possible.

thanks for posting the link.
my sub install is under way already.
if i get around to it i'll post some pics soon.

i have one in my nav d22, You can actually buy a pioneer 10'' slim sub and box al ready made up from Stratfeild and jb hifi.

Cheers, gotta get those rear speakers mounted first.

Still haven't found the time to do em yet.

Dave.

I have the bazooka tube in mine and it's bloody good and the Alpine Amp is next to it. I replaced the door speakers and splits and it's loud enough for me. If i could find speakers to fit the rear doors it would blow the windows out :big_smile:

Back