ZD30 clutch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweak'e

Staff member
Reaction score
anyone had to replace the clutch on a ZD30 D22 yet?
just want to know if its definitely a dual mass clutch.

Going by the manual they aren't.

The ZD30DDT, VG33E, QD32, YD25DDTI, TD25TI, VG30E all use the same clutch. The 250 model it says.

All the rest of the motor's use the 240 model clutch.

Your's playing up Tweake.

Dave.

no, just someone asked on other forum.

i was sure they are dual mass. i know the patrol ones are and these certainly feel like a dual mass. it would be highly unusual for a diesel not to have dual mass these days.

i can't see it useing the same clutch as TD25. are you reading clutch plate part numbers or the flywheel part numbers ? possibly use the same clutch plate but dual mass is actually the flywheel.

even patrol diagram makes it look likre a solid and manual doesn't say. i don't think the part manual even says it is.

if there dual mass the manual wold have a big nice warning sign saying that it's not to be machined, dual mass isn't too well liked by the japs for some reason, i havent seen a jap built diesel with a dual mass flywheel, i'd rather have a solid any day, dual mass flywheels are just crap they fall apart in the car, and are replaced with a clutch

if there dual mass the manual wold have a big nice warning sign saying that it's not to be machined, dual mass isn't too well liked by the japs for some reason, i havent seen a jap built diesel with a dual mass flywheel, i'd rather have a solid any day, dual mass flywheels are just crap they fall apart in the car, and are replaced with a clutch

I'm fairly certain that all ZD30 powered Patrols run the dual mass flywheel.

^ yep and so do the RD28ETI powered GU's and I am pretty sure GQ's.

You will find all the new common rail version vehicles will run em to.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back