D22 Pistons (QD32 aftermarket turbo)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boriskov

Reaction score
Hey!
Finally got around to tearing down the 0 compression cylinder 4 on my car.

IMG_0241.jpg

I've actually never been so happy to see a cracked piston!

No head damage

No liner damage.

Can and will be repaired in situ.

The question is, I'm trying to determine the pistons before I pull them out. I've noticed there's a stamped "F2" on each one. Is this a size code?

Any info about the F2 would be appreciated.
Cheers

it might be a size code i see there is a 2 code for qd32 and 1 code for td27 as far as head gaskets go. pistons may have the same thing.

i havn't come across size codes for pistons before. abotu the only thing usually measured on them is deck protrusion. try and get a replacement piston that sticks out the same as the others.
i know guys that would put the pistons in, measure each ones protrusion and then machine each piston so the protrusion was the same. makes for a lot nicer running engine.

i see there is a number 2 stamped on the block aswell. looks like the genuine piston needed would be an F2 to be safe.

Cheers for the replies. I even tried phoning the local nissan parts guys to be told "it all depends on your VIN number, we need your VIN to tell you anything"

Cheers... so what can a vin tell me about piston codes? Idiots...

Anyway, I guess I won't be able to progress and order newies till I've got it apart and measured the old fashioned way.

it is normal proceedure to be asked for the vehicles VIN number when ordering parts. the Vin number tells alot about your vehicle , even where it was made.

Latest posts

Back