Android apps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
Anybody know of any good android apps?
Maps,fishing etc?
In particular I am looking for maps that dont require net connection when out of range. I find google maps chews through data usage

oziexploer has an android app now for your hema maps, Igo or navigon are good navigation apps for general road navigation.

hey mate check out Maverick

maverick-main.png

It's a good app for outdoor type stuff.
Automatic cache of maps for offline use and record tracks.
Navigation wise, it's not turn by turn, it will just point to the spot.

For Navigation you can try Sygic, has most features one can ask for... But it's mostly a dedicated turn by turn app rather than a pan around the maps discovering stuff sort of app.

Hey guys

using an old thread for this. I am the proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. I am wanting to use it fro mapping and touring and all the other stuff it would usually be used for.

I am just unsure of what mapping softwre i would need. i had a look at the Hema Site u ti doesnt specify anything for Android Items only Itunes Crap.

any help would be great. i want to use it for touring maps and also offroad stuff.

thanks

Do a search on the play store site -- there are afew to try. I've been using GPS Essentials -- not very accurate. But it does claim easy map storage etc.

Keep us posted as to what you find.

I ended up running oziexplorer on a laptop with a gps mouse and found it to be really good, but the laptop was a bit big for in car.

I have a samsung galaxy tablet 7 inch 32 gig coming for christmas which I will set up with oziexplore as my gps, also get to put it on my phone as a back up and the tablet does other stuff like music etc. No turn by turn instructions tho.

I like the way I can make my own maps by calibrating scanned images of paper maps, saved google earth images etc on the full blown version of ozi as I found some "name brand" maps of WA to be not so great on the less known tracks.

Well according ot HEMA wbsite they have released the maps for the anxdroid market. program is called Memory map and then you add your Hema maps like you would for a apple product etc etc. will be calling gthem tomorrow to find out exact details. keep watching. also yet to get a hold of my Note10.1

I have all my maps on pc as a .map, does anyone know how to convert them to a .qtc for memory map to read them?

Im running memory maps on my galexy tab 2 and its great! The free maps are better then any digital map i have found for this state! Go to maccas for the free wifi to download it and it gets better!!

Nogago Maps app available free on Play store, have this in my xperia go and it works really well, don't need any data connection or even mobile signal, downloaded an AU map through the app after install for free, it shows roads, fire roads, walking tracks etc and seems pretty accurate so far and covers the whole country. There's no guidance turn by turn etc like sat nav, it's up to you to find where you are on the map and read it accordingly just like a paper map.

Wow! I just downloaded Nogogo and its maps. Not as sophisticated as Oziexplorer but as good as memory map. The maps are surprizinglt detailed picking up tracks you would be hard pressed to find elsewhere. Not bad for a freebee.

nogago

A bit of an update for the nogago android map app, I really liked this one but couldn't get maps to store on my 32gb external micro sd card, it would default to sd card 0 which is actually internal space within the phone, too much clutter. So I contacted the developers in Germany about my issue/concern and they have released an update as of now that addresses this, the guy I was emailing with tells me they're currently working on a complete AU map so hopefully we can download the whole country instead of bits and pieces to cover the whole country, can't believe the excellent service from them for something I download for free, in this day and age it's left me with a good feeling.

This may be a stupid question. But which nogago are you refering to. I recently got a Galaxy Note 2 (new to android). The 3 versions in play store are Nogago Tracks, hiking biking, guide??

Nogago - yep downloaded it and registered
the Hiker/Biker and the Nogago recorder.
Bit finicky about the log in process... but it seems to be working now

This may be a stupid question. But which nogago are you refering to. I recently got a Galaxy Note 2 (new to android). The 3 versions in play store are Nogago Tracks, hiking biking, guide??

Hiking biking maps, the black icon, I now have it on my galaxy note 10.1, search and download au maps (from within the app once you have registered) sydney, brisbane, tathra, melbourne, hobart, albany, perth, darwin and broome, to cover the entire country.
If you look around their web site somewhere there is a world layout showing the tile set, you pick a city within a tile to get that entire tile that's why the tathra, broome, albany etc, it all makes sense once you see it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back