Fitting a Dominatotor Winch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ankaz

Reaction score
Hi fellas

I'm fitting the new Dominator X winch tomorrow, my question is to anyone that has fitted one to an ARB bar is will it squeeze in underneath or will I have to take the bar off?
Hopefully not because I'm going it solo.

Any tips?

Hi mate

I have an opposite lock bar. Without the plate underneath it slipped in nicely. Just a note have a mate help because the bolt holes r a bit fiddly to line up

Haha. Been a long time since you installed a winch I gather? 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it depends on how good your arms are. I installed my own winch (not a Dominator, but then they're not all that dissimilar from each other really). Holding 40Kg up with one hand while you line up the holes and put the bolts through is fun and makes you appreciate having carried bags of cement around ... same weight! I had to take my plates off the bottom but the bar stayed in place.

My suggestion is that you take off that bottom plate then sit the winch under the bar on the ground and look at it. Make sure you know which hole is going to line up where and how you're going to connect the power cables. I had to flip my winch over and rotate the clutch housing so it didn't ding my tranny cooler.

Latest posts

Back