Steering Shaft ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonney

Reaction score
Guys, i am a little concerned with the actual length of the steering shaft on my 2014 D-22. looking under bonnet on drivers side at the steering shaft that comes out from firewall and has a rubber uni type joiner then the other shaft that goes to steering box seems to only go into the uni housing approx 10mm, the spline length is a good 50mm . to me this shaft only going into the uni part by 10mm is very minimal and sort of not safe as far as i am concerned, it should go in atleast 20mm to be safe.
can any of you,s have a peep at your steering shaft to see how far into the rubber uni joint the spline goes in. thanks.
as mentioned its viewable from the engine bay drivers side below clutch master cylinder.

doesn`t look right, maybe it can slide up in a crash, but hopefully not off on a bad bump!

Last edited:
You should be able to ajust it jonney. This is what the body lift boys to as the shaft needs to be longer. I've never ajusted one but I believe it's easily done.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back