What fuel brand do you use ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What brand of fuel do you run and why.

• Total voters
D

Dave

As above say what do you run.

Feel free to tell me if I have left any company's out.

Dave.

I run Mobil diesel because the local Mobil servo is not to old and the tanks wouldn't have that much crap in em.

Second reason is because I have tried to rest and my ZD30 seem's to run the same on all but Mobil is cheaper then the rest and seem's to get the best economy.

BP fuel, Caltex, Shell I seem to have a higher consumption. Dont know why but I have never had a issue with fuel from the local Mobil, I haven't had a issue with rest either but if I ever do I will go back and show them the last 6 month's of reciept's.

Dave.

Shell, because I usually have a wallet full of petrol dockets and there is a convenient one on the way home from work.

Diesel quality appears to be good, plenty of trucks use it as well so turnover through the underground tanks should be frequent. Hadn't thought of the age of the SS as a bonus but is fairly new as well.

I run BP 90% of the time and give it a few tanks of Mobil or Shell in between to wash it out.
Dont seem to get any variation in km's per tank with the different brands but certainly with different servos.
The BP i use is located in housing commission so its 10c a litre cheaper than the one 6km away on a main road, just have to be quick so they dont unbolt ya wheels while youre inside paying :big_smile:

I use a local Caltex, it's only about 500 mtrs from my place and is always the cheapest as well, occasionally I will use the BP another 500mtrs up the road but it is always 2-3c a litre dearer.

almost totally caltex. for some reason this vehicle doesn't like mobil all that much. local caltex used to have a major problem with water in the fuel due to incorrectly installed tanks, now days its the highest turnover gas station in town. tho still i've had one dodgy tank of fuel from them. thank goodness for fuel additive and fuel filters.

I use the Peak petrol station near my house as it is a relatively new station and has a high flow diesel pump that is hammered by the truckies. I always use this pump as I figure I'm always getting fresh diesel. They also have Kleenheat gas which I have been led to believe is extremely reliable. Gas and diesel at this station are not always the cheapest, in fact I can get gas at a competitor down the road for 15c a litre cheaper but I believe it to be consistent fuel so I keep going back there.

ill use any of the major brands, havent had an issue yet... one local independent i use...but they just got looked into and have the results up/ use mobil diesel

don't forgot not every area has competition among the fuel co's. in the other town the main gas station is Mobil so your stuck with it. while other places are Caltex only or BP only.

don't forgot not every area has competition among the fuel co's. in the other town the main gas station is Mobil so your stuck with it. while other places are Caltex only or BP only.

Good point Tweak'e, plenty of competition in my city.

Dave.

Use exclusively Shell and have done for both the Patrol and the D40. However, I intend shifting to the 10ppm BP if it is ever sold down this way but if Shell also go to BP I'll stay with them. Shifted to Shell about 6 years ago and found with the patrol I got about 60-80 km more out of the 125 ltrs on board.

Hi All
I use Mobil to Dave.This what the local independent servo sells near my place.I know because I ask the guy who owns it.When I go bush I have used all the other brands of fuel.It makes no difference what brand of fuel use i n my navara i still get about 10ltr per 100km's.Has anyone used BP Ultimate Diesel yet??
Shane

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back