What GPS are you using ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am using a Garmin Nuvi 760 and its excellent. Haved installed Trip and Waypoint Manager on my Laptop and added Tracks4Australia and Contours. Can't live without it now.

I have the nuvi 760 as well,i use garmin mapsource and have oztopo and shonkymaps loaded on mapsource and on sd cards.
I like that i can bluetooth my phone to the nuvi,comes in very handy.
Did Shonky from these forums design the shonky maps?
Bosshog,how does trip and waypoint manager work?

Last edited:
Bosshog,how does trip and waypoint manager work?

Navarian, I am using what you are - I just called it by Garmin's marketing name. The best features are before going on a trip I preload waypoints into the Nuvi and if you add a waypoint during your trip into the Nuvi you can then upload back to the laptop and save it for next time.

I have just recieved a chrissy present of the garmin 3790T great unit I paired it up with the ecoroute HD to give me the info the 2010 ST use to keep to itself, Like intake pressures fuel ecconomy and various other guages a bit like a scanguage.

i spent the exra money and fitted a vms dash mounted unit.. it has street and offroad mapping with very detailed hema maps. love it because it has dvd, ipod, and blue tooth as well.. the unit looks like a factory fitting very impressive units if you want the best.

Garmin Nuvi 1490T with topo mapping for the vehicle,
Garmin Oregon 450 with topo mapping, handheld,
&
Garmin Etrex Legend I use on the handlebars of my hunting bike.

I use a Garmin Nuvi 500 with the optional topo mapping installed. It works fine although it's a fairly basic unit.

A heap of different maps on a tablet, which will soon be mounted somewhere in the passenger foot well for the missus to have easy access to the unit so she can play games.

anyone own or heard reviews about a tomtom? i am thinking of getting one..

I got the TomTom XL
was a great unit initially, but now gives me really rediculous directions, way way off track back roads - like when I was travelling from Orange to Dubbo, I was already on the Mitchell Hwy, but it sent me on this little back road and after about 9k's I said that's it, turned it off and followed the signs.
A map "update" for it is $40, but new maps are $80 - I'll be putting the money to a new non-TomTom device.

Garmin nuvi 1690, was looking at topo maps download, $200 or near. bl@@dy ell.
Great unit, easy to use. Had navman MY65 for 2 days and it wouldn't allways connect bluetooth to my mobile, Harvey Norman exchanged it for the garmin. Would suggest a demo with the telling bone b4 walkn away a couple hundred lighter.

Now using a Clarion DVD player with a GPS feature.

Had it about a year and a half now.

I had a clarion nx501 fitted, it's got gps, maps, iPod compatibilty and handsfree phone
It's a great unit and works really well

Aldi 4.3 inch , bargain at $79. of course it was hacked first night and i've put iGo Primo with all the bells and whistles unlocked and am running oziexplorer with all the hema/geoscience maps as well. Its a great little unit!

Hows VMS app go?, For 200 bucks thinking of buying this when i finely update to an Iphone. Question, do you need service/coverage for the tracking to work, or is this run off a gps and does not use the internet?

Pretty sure they have GPS in Iphones dont they! no coverage needed for tracking feature, otherwis its abit pointless?

Pete

Hey Pete vms is good no need for iPhone reception I'm using mine on an iPad (bigger screen) and you get all the toppo and greggorys maps with the initial download then theirs a fair few supplementary maps you can buy for a couple of bucks each. Works just as good on an iPhone all be it a little small :)

Cheers
Matt

Latest posts

Back