D40 Dual battery setup

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw the pics of your battery box looks great, did you do the wiring or was it done in factory not sure about the electrical side of things am looking at fittig my own duel battery set up.

No sure who's battery box you're referring too but there is precious little the factory do for a D40 in regards to a dual battery setup other than give us a main battery to hook up to.

If you're not sure about the electrical side of things, do yourself a favour and read, read and read again and try to learn as much as you can because even a simple job like adding a second battery can end in tears if done wrong.

Just saw the pics of your battery box looks great, did you do the wiring or was it done in factory not sure about the electrical side of things am looking at fittig my own duel battery set up.

Did all the wiring myself with help from Fridge and Solar website(Welcome to FRIDGE & SOLAR) and talking to people, it's something that needs to be done right. Made the box myself, best mod I ever did I reckon, easily comes out as well.

Arty

Hey Arty, great job on the battery box, I've been thinking about how I was going to do it, and you'rs ticks all the boxes, Is there any chance you could put up the dimensions of the box so other slackers like me could just get the timber cut to size? without having to work it all out..

Hey Arty, great job on the battery box, I've been thinking about how I was going to do it, and you'rs ticks all the boxes, Is there any chance you could put up the dimensions of the box so other slackers like me could just get the timber cut to size? without having to work it all out..

I agree, ok it's cheating a little, but when you see a good thing, go with it m8, cheers..

I agree, ok it's cheating a little, but when you see a good thing, go with it m8, cheers..

Sorry for the delay but only just saw these replies, will try and measure up in the next few days and post it on here.

Anybody interested in my home made fridge slide (see pics in garage), I have scored myself an Engel fridge slide so I don't need anymore, it is made to fit and Engel 40 litre, pick up only Bris. won't set you back much either

Hi all, I just thought I'd share these pics with you of my home made battery box that I'm so proud of.
I took off the short section of the tie down rail (see pics) and used the 4 existing M8 female threads so I didn't have to make any new holes in the Nav, made the box out of 18mm craftwood.
Redarc isolator under the bonnet, 16mm squared cable into the tub, 105aH AGM battery.
Next job is to make a fridge slide for my Engel....any suggestions?

cheers

Arty

hi there, just wondering if you had a chance to draw up a sketch and measurements yet?? :big_smile:

battery box

man, that is a great fridge slide and batt box. Id also love the specs of the box.

Cheers

not hard to design it yourself guys, give it a go first with some cardboard to make templates, thats how i did mine

DSC_0063-1.jpg

DSC_0060-1.jpg

Great job Onlock.

Ok I have finally drawn up a quick sketch with some measurements, sorry about the delay guys. You will have to make some adjustments to suit the style of canopy you have, feel free to PM if you have any questions regarding this.

Attachments

• Battery box sketch.jpg
    Battery box sketch.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 549

Latest posts

Back