Greasable or Non Greasable

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vroomie

Reaction score
Hello All,
I have a Nissan Navara 2005 ZD30 and I noticed that the tie rod ends are looking a bit raggedy. I was just wondering what people prefer and why? Do you use greasable steering components or do you stick to non-greasable? I have heard mixed opinions and I was just wondering what others experiences were.

I reckon that if you can be bothered, and as long as they are equivalent quality, greasable will last longer. Just don't overfill and split the boot.

As mentioned above, greasable will last a lot longer provided you keep them greased. In the good old days they had greasable ones from the factory, but no so these days. I think the only factory grease point on a D22 is on the slip joint on the front driveshaft...

I should add, when I replaced the rear springs in mine I got greasable pins to go in the front so I can grease them up too.

Last edited:
Logic says greasable will last longer (if you keep the grease up to it) and that's the way I go.

The only doubt I have is because of how long the original non greasable parts last. They're excellent quality.

If its steering component quality you're thinking about, get 555 brand parts
They're made in Japan still, and as good if not better than oem

A company in australia called Roadsafe distribute them, you can get them through Burson auto parts and other auto wholesalers. Theres some 555 gear on ebay too

Roadsafe have a catalog on their website you can download and see whats available for your vehicle in 555 brand

Dont let the sales guys talk you into the cheaper brands, when you get a look at 555 gear you'll realise you'll never need to replace place those parts again

I did every steering part on my 98 mazda bravo and every steering part on my d40 with 555, it was a big couple of days to fit it all, but that was 2 years ago and they both still drive like new vehicles (both also have old man emu shocks and springs)

Latest posts

Back