Fuel economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotts

Reaction score
I’ve just bought a demo d23 twin turbo. Highway fuel economy is 10.5l/100km. This seems high to me as it’s advertised at less than 7. A mate has one and says he gets 8l/100km. I’ve been back to dealer but no success. I have little faith in their ability though. Is there a common issue?

I’ve just bought a demo d23 twin turbo. Highway fuel economy is 10.5l/100km. This seems high to me as it’s advertised at less than 7. A mate has one and says he gets 8l/100km. I’ve been back to dealer but no success. I have little faith in their ability though. Is there a common issue?

I have a D23 same as yours except in Manual. I've been to Sydney and back averaged 7.6 ,It all depends on how you drive ?
I went from Robina to Narangbah yesterday and return averaged 7.8 L/100km ,and return at 4;30pm was in heavy traffic ,

Last edited:
Theres a lot of bollocks floating around relating to fuel consumption of diesel 4wds
For a start, those stickers on new cars have been proven to be inherently inaccurate (ie a complete load of shite)

https://www.finder.com.au/research-shows-car-fuel-consumption-labels-are-off

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dr...t-cars-struggle-to-hit-fuel-use-claims-gv7h7v

The other big thing, when you discuss fuel consumption in person or on forums, most people are usually quoting the happy little number on the dash your car tells you its using
These figures your car trip meter tells you are optimistic to say the least

My work (stock) Ranger says 9.3 - 9.4 Litres per hundred Ks on the dash most of the time

When i fill it and divide actual diesel used by Ks covered its around 11.5 - 12 litres per hundred

Same with 200 series landcruisers, i know a couple people with them (both stock standard) and they say the dash is underquoting consumption by around 25%

The fuel use display on my wifes little mitsu diesel is not too far off reality, but still is claiming less than what is actually used
Its a lot smaller car than a dualcab, so less room for variation i guess

Spose what im getting at is when discussing fuel consumption,
everyone needs to be actually dividing the number of Ks driven by the number of litres burnt, and not blindly believing and quoting the cars trip meter numbers, as they are total horsecrap

The happy news is I have compared dash display with fuel used and it is surprisingly close. 58 litres for 530km on last fill up. Still over 10l/100km I realise sticker statements are a pipe dream but I’ve spoken to others that have achieved much better than mine.

Being ex demo it will get better with more km on it. They tend to be driven harder and on shorter trips before they are sold so once you get some decent km on it yourself you will get better results...

Latest posts

Back