Wiper blades for D40 STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acko13

Reaction score
I need to replace the wiper blades on my 2010 STX. Those larger rubber aerofoil looking things. Well it seems that you can't just replace the blade - you have to replace the whole section. They are not cheap and I was quoted $85 for a pair. Anyone found a good aftermarket set or perhaps the ones from a lower Nissan model will fit

There was a thread on STX wiper blades about 18 months ago that said something about only getting the blades from the factory but I'm fairly sure by the end of the thread there was alternatives sourced. Have you tried searching?

Think yourself lucky a replacement of a drivers side 07 D40 was $85 for just the rubber due to it being a retarded size we dont get in Aus.We use 6mm and 8mm and the D40 blade is 7mm
I went with aftermarket full Aero style units from Repco and they were like $50 I think maybe 2 years ago.

Last edited:
I just bought replacement rubber blades from supercheap auto
and fitted them to my original frames.

Worked ok for me.

Tri-co do a replacement head for $30 each at auto1. Work soooo dam good......

I just bought replacement rubber blades from supercheap auto
and fitted them to my original frames.

Worked ok for me.

Fair enough.
That's what I would like to do, but having checked the OEM over I was concerned that I might bugger them up totally by trying to get the old rubber out.

I just replaced mine last week and I assume the previous owner ran into some troubles, because the right one is 6mm and the left is 8mm, just bought single blades from sprint auto parts, they even fitted them for nicks, bargain. At stupid $$'s for the originals I would have just replaced the heads to more common size.. but it seems someone beat me to it..

I replaced mine a while ago with supercheap auto inserts also. The dealer advised to just slice the end of the covers with a sharp blade to help get them out. They will come out without cutting the outside rubber but they're a prick.
No problems, the new (cheap) ones are still fine.

bought a trico combination pack( 6mm.left & 8mm.right) from autobarn last week for $20 the girl behind the counter fitted them in 2 mins

just brought a set of blades of ebay from wipertech just got them delevered and was wondering how do you get the original ones off! I dont wont to brake it! hahaha

I replace my wiper blades on the Easter Long Weekend with basic silicon blades from Super Cheap. I also purchase & applied some Rain-X to the wind screen. It's raining today in Sydney and the new blades & Rain-X worked a treat. Also used the Rain-X on the rear & front canopy (Snug Top) windows to the rear canopy window.

I had already checked those two threads both dont mention how to actually take the blades off?

Oh well it's in a thread somewhere, possibly titled something different which makes the search function less accurate. Someone else might remember the thread later.

It was a good while ago when I replaced mine but IIRC you need to pop the rubber up on
one end and slide the old blades out.

I remember it was a bit fiddly but not too bad.

Regards Murph

Latest posts

Back