Bashplate Drawings - Make your own

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woot ! Just found out I can get them lazer cut and folded at my work out of 5mm checker plate Aluminium. Let you know how cheap on Monday/Tuesday

Woot ! Just found out I can get them lazer cut and folded at my work out of 5mm checker plate Aluminium. Let you know how cheap on Monday/Tuesday

Gonzo, what grade ally can you get? and are you only limited to checker pl ?

thanks

Gonzo, what grade ally can you get? and are you only limited to checker pl ?

thanks

Don't know if it even went to school ! lol

I had a rethink and asked for a price on 3mm or 4mm Allloy Not checker !

Guess I should ask what grade but I'm not going submarine. haha

Will let you know !:cheers!:

The reason I ask and others should be aware of is that ally has so many grades from being very soft and next to useless to having a yield strength greater than Mild Steel......none the less Aluminium no matter what grade has a modulus ( Youngs ) of approx only 30% of steel...ie for the same force it will bend or deflect 3 times more than steel///////...... keep this in mind guys if underbody protection of vital components is really what you are after.

I just read a lil more and I flicked the question of the grading of the alloy to my wife. Why??? Some people might ask, well she is a manager at an aluminium company in archerfield qld. Her reply was, " if it is needing to be bent and take a few hits and last it would have to be 5052". Don't ask me what any of that means and no I didn't ask and don't want to know.

If you need alloy sheet cheap let me know and I'll get a price. Or any aluminium that anyone needs just ring Apple Aluminium at archerfield.

Rusty

If this goes ahead as a group buy in Brissie, I am definitely interested. I can be contacted on [email protected] as I am not on here that often.

Cheers
Boxxy

I'm from Perth and am interested depending on price on purchasing in a group buy. i may be able to make them at work in my spare time however if these fit my 04 STR i would be interested depending on price + P&H at purchasing some in a group buy most likely in an ally and probably 4-5 mm thick.

I just read a lil more and I flicked the question of the grading of the alloy to my wife. Why??? Some people might ask, well she is a manager at an aluminium company in archerfield qld. Her reply was, " if it is needing to be bent and take a few hits and last it would have to be 5052". Don't ask me what any of that means and no I didn't ask and don't want to know.

If you need alloy sheet cheap let me know and I'll get a price. Or any aluminium that anyone needs just ring Apple Aluminium at archerfield.

Rusty

Rusty, can you find out what then sub grade of 5052 the company stocks / carries....Sub grade I mean H value and its a strain hardening index which can increase the Tensile and yields by as much as 30%

Guys, we'll find that the ally will be too expensive by far compared to Mild Steel sheet...lets see how the exercise pans out..thanks to those chasing the info

I'd be worried about the durability of cardboard (especially after a few water crossings) LMFAO.

For anyone looking at getting one of these in or around Brisbane ill have a price for both plates some time tomorrow.

Josh

Good stuff mate. Did you try and make some test ones first? or you just going balls deep :big_smile:

I do recall people saying the TJM plates were not fitting some of the Thai build Navs, so be carefull.

Pete

I'd be interested depending on price and also whether they fitted the 09 Thai built models.

Josh have you moked one up to see if it fit out models?

RustyNav09 said:
I'd be interested depending on price and also whether they fitted the 09 Thai built models.

No I haven't had a chance to check them yet. I've just just under 10000k last month and haven't had much time to tinker. I'll try check the measurements tomorrow. Fingers crossed they are pretty close to fitting Thai built nava too.

Sent from Josh's iPhone using Forum Runner

i made a template using the drawings and it wont quite fit my 2010
when i get time i will modify the template to suit

sparra04 said:
i made a template using the drawings and it wont quite fit my 2010
when i get time i will modify the template to suit

Does it look like it's far from fitting? Is it just the mounting points or the bends as well?
I'll check mine this weekend.

Sent from Josh's iPhone using Forum Runner

Josh I think you'll find its just the mounting points for the plates. The transfer plate has to be packed with washers to stop it fouling on the transfer itself. I think its only the thickness of a 2-3mm packer to stop it rubbing and vibrating on the trans.

Latest posts

Back