Air box leaking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laith

Reaction score
After puting my snorkel on the other week I was looking for any leaks in my pipe work joins when I realised that the airbox was leaking around the front edge where the end clips on.

I figured it wasnt to much of an issue as any air sucked in there would still have to pass through the filter but no good if you have a snorkel for deep water crossings.

Thought this info may be usefull to someone.

I had water over my bonnet and have never had a issue. Didn't get any pics as I just wanted to get the fark out of there. Didn't think it was gonna be that deep.

The trusty old ZD30 is still firing all 4 without bent rods.

Dave.

What filter are you running Laith? I bought a Unifilter for mine and found it was slightly too long leaving that front lip open slightly, I asked Unifilter about it and they reckoned it wasn't right so they sent me another filter, it was the same deal as well, so to fix it I ended up putting each of the filters in a press to squash the mesh down a little to decrease the length enough to stop the front of the filter box flexing between the clips.

Bit of stuffing round on my part, but I did get a 2nd filter for nothing out of Unifilter so I can't complain too much. :smile:

The last 2 filters have been Ryco bought from Repco.

I never thought that the filter could be too long. Wouldnt be out by much but nor would it need to.

What you say is spot on with mine Shonky. Its flexing out in between the clips.

I dont have access to a press but will figure out something. Thanks for the info Shonky.

I lost one of the clips the other day too. Dropped into the bottom of the engine bay. Looked for ages but could not find it. Must have fell into the chassis rail or some thing.

Latest posts

Back