Uni joints grease / lubrication

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcm9669

Reaction score
Hi,
I read around the net and magazines that the Uni joints require lubrication and greasing. I had a look at this forum but I could only find threads of "busted" uni joints.

I am wondering if the 2006 D22 requires lubrication? if yes, what sort of grease and how would I go about it?

Thanks.

start by checking the uni juoints to see if there is a small grease nipple sticking out . if so all you need is a grease gun and use multi purpose grease, pump grease in until you see it push out slitly from the uni cup ends.

each uni joint has 4 cup ends and the shape is like a 4 sided cross.

Thanks for that.. I'll have a look.

Also are there any more uni joints than the one on the drive shift?

a non greasable uni will outlast a greasable uni which isnt greased. there is another 2 unis on front drive shaft.

Had a look yesterday while installing the extended diff breather, doesn't look like it's greasable! Awesome.

Had a look yesterday while installing the extended diff breather, doesn't look like it's greasable! Awesome.
actually this is not an awesome find, this is why joints wear out quicker these days due to no grease points = dry joints after time plus when water gets inside the bearing areas it can,t be pumped out with grease.

Back