GU Patrol Brakes Bolt onto a 4X4 D22?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anderss

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I'm here to ask for your knowledge on the topic of swapping brakes and callipers on my D22.
After spending $400 on the front discs being machined, callipers being redone (2 pistons replaced and the other 2 had kits put through them) and speaking to a mechanic about these pistons telling me the material they're made off will keep giving me trouble, they've started to give me trouble again... The drivers side disc is either warped or the pistons are stuffed again because it squeaks all the time now and I'm over it. So I was wondering (and hoping) if Patrol brakes bolt straight on I would be able to make this change.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers, Anders

I highly doubt it. Most peoples brake system in the d22 are really reliable and brake pads last forever. Id say you are unlucky. I did see on a Facebook group a guy bolted 4 pot skyline calipers on and he said they fit perfect. That's all the input I can give

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Ahhh bummer! Thanks for the advice though, I don't think I'll need Skyline brakes on her but that interesting to know! Greatly appreciated

The way we stop our rotors warping on the race trucks is to get a new set of disks heat and cyro treated before putting it on. This normally costs us about $140 for a set of disks. If it works for race conditions then I don't see you have any further problems with normal street braking

It will work for either. Id personally get a set of aftermarket slotted or dimpled rotors and a decent set of pads (most use bendix)

As for patrol callipers well I tried to bolt a set of d22 callipers to the GQ diff I have in the front of my nav but the bolt holes have a different distance between them.

I have a feeling that the GU and D22 might share the same caliper. I know the GU twin pistons on the front of my patrol look very similar to my D22 callipers sitting in the shed but would need to pull one off the patrol to confirm this

It will work for either. Id personally get a set of aftermarket slotted or dimpled rotors and a decent set of pads (most use bendix)

As for patrol callipers well I tried to bolt a set of d22 callipers to the GQ diff I have in the front of my nav but the bolt holes have a different distance between them.

I have a feeling that the GU and D22 might share the same caliper. I know the GU twin pistons on the front of my patrol look very similar to my D22 callipers sitting in the shed but would need to pull one off the patrol to confirm this

I'll have to price the aftermarket ones if that was the best option to go.

I won't be trying the GQ's then! Haha that's what I thought, my Dad has a GU Patrol and his brakes look similar to mine, I didn't want to go pulling them off straight away because we're lacking space in our garage now, hence why I posted on here. Thank you for the info though! Very helpful and handy for future reference!

Back