boost gauge installation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unsteadm

Reaction score
Hi all,
Thought i would share with everyone the results of my boost gauge installation.
Installed a 52mm Speco boost gauge to my d22 2.5
First i drilled and tapped a thread into my inlet manifold just below intercooler pipe. (Was extremely simple to do even for my first time)
I know some people are installing them down between the turbo and waste gate however id rather see what psi im getting in my manifold than what the turbo is pushing straight out.
Plumbed it all up and gave it a test run.
Worked excellent and is pushing 16psi at max (Completely stock engine and exhaust)
However on idle the needle bounced around quite alot and when i reached 15psi the gauge had a loud rattle. So did some research with my mate google and found out this is very common on diesel engines.
And the fix = unscrew the vacume hose of the back of the gauge, and place a small piece of cotton wool off an ear bud in the fitting and put it all back together. Still getting correct readings but no needle bounce or rattle.
Job done.
Its probably been covered before but hope this helps some one else.
Cheers

Nice thread mate. Have been thinking of doing this for a while but I have no clue where to begin. Sounds easy enough for a novice like me

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I did this 2 weeks ago, I tapped into a pipe with a T (I don't want to do any drilling). Gauge made lots of rattling and noises and I doubt it's accurate (cheap one from ebay).. I now bought a digital one which will hopefully be more reliable, accurate and SILENT. as it drives me crazy with all the rattling once I go over 10 PSI.. Will install that over the weekend probably.

Very easy mod.

i'm not sure on the variances with boost gauges plumbed into different locations. i use an obd2 with my phone, and am getting up to 22psi, but i have no clue where this is measured from.
so, i wonder which is the ideal location for measuring boost?

Does anyone here have pictures of where they have installed their boost sensor on their motor. Looking at doing mine. Any instructions would help too thanks guys

Latest posts

Back