snorkel for a 2014 d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

308bever

Reaction score
is the safari snorkel better than the TJM one? do you need to relocate the side indicator for them all? what about the ebay ones? i can not find any to suit factory dual batteries! who makes the nissan one? thanks for the help (((-:

ebay sell genuine snorkels, not sure on the other brands differences. also the side indicator seems to be ok with the snorkel fitting.

Last edited:
This is what the Safari elbow looks like from the airbox, mine is off a patrol and larger in diameter for better airflow but takes up about the same space as the normal elbow. As you can see bugger all room for a battery.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 330
The Nissan snorkel is the better choice if you want to keep the battery and the side indicator.
For around the $370 mark upwards, it's good value for your money.
I have had no issues with mine.

Yep that sounds best, at least you know it fits and properly installed they don't leak. I only went Safari because of previous experience and I liked the ram design. The genuine one is more easy on the eye too.

I just got the Nissan factory snorkel for my D22 2014.Is there some sort of tubing,I could use.From the Snorkel direct,to air box.Instead of there piping. Thanks

i guess it better, not sure whether the shorter route can be done without moving the AC tubing though.

It can be done, the hardest bit is getting piping to get a decent seal on the triangular shaped inlet to the airbox...

Hi I'm asking this,because the Tubing makes U turn.Inside motor compartment.Wouldn't it be better,Just direct from snorkel.Short type tubing.To air cleaner housing? I saw a post here while back,on that.Cant find it again. Thanks for any help.

You'll need tubing that is rigid, anything light duty combined with the heat under the bonnet will suck in under acceleration.

You don't need a picture, keep your eyes open on the road, they are everywhere.
The template you get with the snorkel is a good one, very hard to go wrong.

If you really want to look at a picture, there is one in my ride thread. Page 3 I think.
Click the link below.

Last edited:
You don't need a picture, keep your eyes open on the road, they are everywhere.
The template you get with the snorkel is a good one, very hard to go wrong.

If you really want to look at a picture, there is one in my ride thread. Page 3 I think.
Click the link below.
Thank you Tony your truck looking good,But mine will be the only one.In Mexico with snorkel,I got it sent From your way.None here in Mexico,or offered.Thanks again

I fitted a tjm snorkel to my 2013 D22 and was able to keep both batteries. No fuss no muss.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back