2014 D40 Ignition Switching

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithyd40

Reaction score
Hey guys,

currently setting up a BCDC redarc charger in the tub - have done a bit of reading and am trying to find the cleanest way to get an ignition feed to the charger, seems most people just splice in at the ignition barrel.

Ideally i would like to get this from somewhere in the engine bay so it all stays nice and organised without ripping the cabin apart. I will need to run 6mm wire from the main battery to the tub as well as this ignition fed wire.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just behind the battery is a box called the IPDM/ER (Intelligent Power Distribution Module/Engine Room). Inside are a bunch of relays and connections, some of which become active when the ignition is on. That's what you're after.

I wired in a DC to DC charger on the weekend. I used the fusebox located just in front on the master cylinder. If you take the lid off you will see a few plugs. I picked up power on the front plug on the right had side of the box. It was a red wire with a silver (I think) stripe on it. If you have a meter double check, or if you need I can check the exact wire tonight. I just drilled a small hole in the back of the fusebox lid and put a small grommet in it. (Just saw Tony's post, same box)

Back