BRUNSWICK 14-16th JAN 4wd, Fish n Camp

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogrc

Reaction score
NOTICE:
THE FOLLOWING DATE CAN BE CHANGED, BUT REALLY WANT TO DO THIS EARLY JAN.

Hey again to all the Perth Navara members!

After a very quiet, but still FUN trip to Brunswick last time, with the chance to do some fun as 4wding and to catch up with an old mate, its time to do it again.

For those that haven't been here is where I want to go:
Brunswick 4x4 | Get out and enjoy it!

This is a family orientated event so bring your family if you want, and in all we're all here to have a good time and some fun, as well as giving those who aren't so experienced in 4WDing a good place to learn and giving those who are 4WD veterans a chance to try out some challenging tracks.

From Brunswick we will head to Wellington Dam, which has millions of great spots, and only about 30km away. There is also a dedicated 4wd track on the way to Wellington Dam that I'm keen to try out!

All food, drink (water and BOOZE) and cooking items are BYO, town is a good 10-15min drive from the camp site so make sure you pack what you need.

Also as we are camping, please bring you're own drinking water and please bring a rubbish bag for your litter.

Please bring your OWN 4wd recovery gear, you should have some of the basic essentials anyways if ever going out 4wding.

Also make sure you have enough fuel for the trip, there are fuel stations on the way though.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU HAVE A UHF CB RADIO, IF YOU DO PLEASE BE ON CHANNEL 16.

Bring your usual camping/sleeping gear, also bring a fishing rod or two as fishing in the dam is allowed (I believe you need a license however, and as its a fresh water dam you cant use live bait/food bait)

There are no toilets on the campsites, so I just suggest to drive into town as its only a short trip away, 10min.

A map of how to get their from Perth is as follows, and as you can see its pretty easy:
brunswick.png

So yeah, if you are keen and can CONFIRM that you are coming along then please put yourself down as confirmed.

If possible it'd be great if everyone could turn up to Brunswick by 6pm on FRIDAY. Just drive into town and park up in the parking lot opposite the pub, and just hit up channel 16 on the UHF to let us know when you get in town.

I understand if you cant make it Friday, arrangements can be made for those who wish to arrive on Saturday, but please post here if that is your situation.

Cheers everyone and I hope we get a good turn out from this!

George

Last edited:
I'm keen but can't commit at this stage. Will have to wait until just prior to the planned dates before I know if I can get away.

i want to come but just cant commit at this stage. if all goes well i am there but then work has funny ideas.

oh yeah, my new fishing boat can only hold so many people so its first in, first casting! haha

we'll also go on a bit of a scenic drive through the dam area so you all can see the place a bit more, and also on the way there is the dedicated 4wd track which i havent tried before, but hopefully its alright.

the dam where we are camping is pretty easy to access, do it in 2wd easy haha. basically at the dam its a nice place for relaxing, swimming, having a few beers, fishing, whateva.

not sure what you guys want, more 4wding, more relaxing or about 50/50. theres a nice little bit of 4wding at brunswick, all relatively easily, but some real nice scenery too.

sounds good george!
what boat u got? and are u trailering it down there?
50/50 4wd and relaxing sounds good, as long as its 100% drinking haha!
i am flexible with dates too, up until the end of jan.

ahahahahaha, trailering it down, now that'd be funny...

it fits in a box XD 3.61m x 1.65m are the boat dimensions, and it cost me a tiny 70 DORRAR from ebay haha

!B85oH3QBGk~$(KGrHqF,!h8EzLYyqcq7BM4TWbYpTg~~0_12.JPG

its a fresh water dam, cant use engines

AHAHAHAHA!!!! thats friggen awesome hahaha i had a laugh when i saw the pic haha
wat do u do if u catch a spiky fish? or someone drops a hook or knife?
haha have u tried it out yet, i rekon it looks like fun with a few beers!!

fuk yer 70 bux haha bargain. u could use it for a little pool too if ya filled it up!

blew it up the other day and it was actually a lot bigger then expected, i could easily sleep in it haha

the PVC material is pretty strong, but dont try popping it! lol

its got 4 seperate air hulls, so it'll float pretty easy if you pop one, but again lets not try lmao

no doubt i easily see all of us just sitting in it, pissed as, and cruising down the dam!

i think its missing a boom box though for some beats on the water! haha

dual battery system will be done tomorrow :)

cold beers all day n night long haha

must remember to wire in my roof work lights so we can use them all night and me not worry about the car

BLOODY HELL!!!

just got told i HAVE to attend my grand-dads and dads belated party which is on the 8th...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

cant get out of it, blahhhh

sorry guys, but looks like i'll have to move it to the week after :(

14th to 16th

Last edited:
so yeah guys,

please let me know if any of you can still attend, sorry to those who put this in their calender and have put other things off to make the weekend for this.

really sorry :(

Latest posts

Back