D22 zd30 catch can options

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richied22

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Looking at fitting a catch can to my Zd30 d22, realise this topic as been done to death but wondering what brands people are using (general or ebay or other) also there is difference designs does it matter the type also if needed where can you get the step down hoses to fit some of these catch cans.
Thanks in advance
Richie

Last edited:
Mann Hummel Provent 200 is the industry standard good quality catch can
Made in Germany with tough as plastic and a replaceable filter its a good compromise on price and value

There are cheaper chinese made "Provent style" catch cans out there that are Mann Hummel ripoffs, but the plastic quality is a bit crap and the filters effectiveness is dubious

The forefront one looks to be a mann hummel clone

Thanks man was looking at a forefront myself but as you pointed out looks to be a clone and heaps out there on Ebay and cheaper if you were going to go down that road and take a punt.
Thanks again for you input

I have had both the provent 200 and the fleabay clones. I can only say, do yourself a favour and get a genuine provent. The cheap copies work to an extent (better than nothing), but the build quality is comparatively very poor, the replacement filters don't always seem to fit very well, and they don't trap as much oil.

You can buy various reducer kits for the plumbing (25mm outlets on catch can) on ebay.

ps. the genuine provent has a valve set up so that if the filter blocks for some reason (if you don't change it for eg), it will vent so that pressure doesn't build up in your engine, possibly damaging oil seals. Not sure I would trust the cheap copies to do this, they are crappy quality.

Then again, on the cheap one I had the lid never really sealed properly anyway...lol. It used to fall apart every time I took it off (the lid), I had to sand the cheap replacement filters down to make them fit as they were slightly too big etc. No such probs with a genuine one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back