Dimming Saas gauges

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmac

Reaction score
My mate has a Saas gauge piller pod with Saas gauges and ive found the gauges too bright at night and in your face. Im keen on the same set up in my car but only if there's a way to dim the gauges.
Just wondering if anyone has had a crack at doing this, a bit of a DIY?
Is it as easy as soldering a Resistor on the light wire? But what size resister?
Any ideas or feedback im all ears!

Either way. When I fitted Autometer gauges to my D22 I had the same problem with them, I think I used about a 1k ohm resistor for both (wired in together off the park light feed, they are led too) and made it a lot better.

Jaycar sell resistors really cheap, as in like 50c for a pack of 5 or 6 or something, so if you have one of them or another electronics store near you, give a couple of different sized ones a go and see.

What series SaaS gauges has your mate got?

Thanks for that info Bods, i currently have an older Boost Saas gauge tucked in the corner of my dash and pillar and the backlight isnt too bad but i want to update it to the white face muscle range i believe gauge, since im looking into having 2 gauges im thinking bout having them in a pillar pod but doing that they will be about 4 inches closer to my face.
My mate has the newer black faced saas boost and egt with the light selection button on the front, street series they may be. Bloody bright!
My current gauge is installed so that the back light is on with accessories, was hoping to replicate.

Yeah you can do that, I hard wired mine but if I had to do it again I'd use one of those fuse tap things you can get from Jaycar and piggy back off a circuit that comes in with accessories. You can put the resistor anywhere in that line, you'll just have to experiment a bit and see what brightness you want. Unless you want one of those variable ones then you can change it if you find them too dull during the day.

Slightly off topic, but how does he find the accuracy of the pyro gauge? Just out of interest that's all...

Bloody hell Bods, i wrote a fair essay reply earlier this morning but didnt have reception so i lost it just after i submitted it so this reply ill keep it short,

My mate has nothing to compare his Saas egt gauge to, its plumbed into the dump pipe. Only mods he has is a 3" zorst.
This is his current readings
- 50-150 at idle.
- 300-450 at general driving
- 450-550 when hes pushing it hard.
These readings are his current temps but was sitting 50deg more before he rinsed his IC out with Petrol apparently.

I mamaged to get my hands on a Autotecnica dual egt n boost gauge the other week. POS! boost psi was 5 lower than my Saas, the egt got as far as 850deg till i backed the car off... the stepper was laggy too.

Want to say thanks for all your input and feesback on this forum too Bods, i am bit of a forum floater but when ever i get back on here i always see your name pop up with helpful feedback. Legend. Cheers and appreciate it.

Well that's gotta suck...

Those temps sound ok, I was mainly wondering on the smoothness of the gauges that's all. Similar temps to my 2.5 with Autometer c2 pyro gauge anyway, although it will get over 550c up hill when pushing it hard.

Thanks for the feedback too. That's what's forums should be all about :)

Latest posts

Back