Goulburn river fishing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobez

Reaction score
Gday fellas! Was wondering if any of you blokes do any regular trout fishing on the Goulburn river?

Im a regular up at Thornton (great pub and sites to stay) along the river. I have Thursday / Friday off of work so doing a solo mission to head up for some bait fishing. Going to try this stuff called POWERBAIT which is supposed to be good stuff.

I can't say I've been there but I have been to tantangra dam, and can say the powerbait works wonders. Get all the flavors you can find because they are picky one day you'll catch everything on chucky cheese then nothing. Change flavor and bang on again!

Shit hot! Got two flavours atm but might grab two more on the way up. Just keep mixing them up. Have one rod set up for bait, one for fly.

Cant catch shit fly fishing at Thornton but its fun none the less

Goulburn river

Cant beat old scrub worms,but crickets & hoppers work well at this time of year.Power bait also works but is better a bit later.Hugh

Cant beat old scrub worms,but crickets & hoppers work well at this time of year.Power bait also works but is better a bit later.Hugh

+1 on that mate I have been told yabbies and bugs work well at this time too now that I think of it

Latest posts

Back