Crank Case Pressure

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john68

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I recently woke up a 3.2 l Navara using the standard manifold & turbo from a 2.7 R50.
Results are pleasing to say the least....but I have a small amount of oil coming from the dipstick after running hard.
I have yet to install a catch can of any description, having been looking at the vented models , so currently has the standard 10mm breather plumbed back into the intake as per standard N/A 3.2.
I'm thinking this is my part of my issue, any further ideas let me know, blowback, turbo seals whatever I'm interested cheers

Where is the factory breather connected? Pre or post turbo? It should be pre turbo, in saying that, the zd30 and yd25 motors run about double the diameter breather as that....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Well if it is post turbo, the turbo will be pressurising the crankcase whenever it comes on boost. It should suck the blow-by gas back into the turbo, not push air back into the crankcase...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

As above. On turbocharged or supercharged engines (let's use the proper collective term "forced induction" here) the crankcase breather needs to be connected to the intake of the super/turbocharger.

The exception is on the Interceptor - you'd plumb the PCV directly to atmo under the car. After all, which inspector is going to stop Max and examine his emission controls?

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxcQkGTyAw[/YT]

Hi Folks,
I recently woke up a 3.2 l Navara using the standard manifold & turbo from a 2.7 R50.
Results are pleasing to say the least....but I have a small amount of oil coming from the dipstick after running hard.
I have yet to install a catch can of any description, having been looking at the vented models , so currently has the standard 10mm breather plumbed back into the intake as per standard N/A 3.2.
I'm thinking this is my part of my issue, any further ideas let me know, blowback, turbo seals whatever I'm interested cheers
What oil and grade are you running in the QD32?.

Simplest way is to connect crankcase breather to vacuum source, ie; pre turbo, preferably with a catch can.

Latest posts

Back