New member - Overhaul on d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as you no doubt know , fit a dual row yd-25 chain kit and you will end up with a fast and reliable engine., you know what to expect if the chain should break hey. $$$$

as you no doubt know , fit a dual row yd-25 chain kit and you will end up with a fast and reliable engine., you know what to expect if the chain should break hey. $$$$

Excuse my ignorance, but the dual row chain kit's make for a faster engine?

no sorry for this confusion; as in fast engine relates to the new larger turbo fitted and high turbo p.s.i. settings. a dual row chain is a neccessity for this engine type if you want to give it some poke without breaking something in the timing / pump areas.

nope, stronger engine. An engine that is being pushed by a bigger turbo and a heavy right foot needs to be stronger.
well how would you sugest making this particular engine stronger other than fitting a good quality double chain kit ?? i do know the answer but how much money would be spent. lets be realistic hey.

well how would you sugest making this particular engine stronger other than fitting a good quality double chain kit ?? i do know the answer but how much money would be spent. lets be realistic hey.

No idea! Mine won't every be getting extra boost or anything, it's got enough power for my needs, but even so a double chain kit is on the cards.

https://youtu.be/9bQ2Qr1JSdM

Video of the turbo sound and boost gauge reading

Whats the spool up like at low rpm? Iv got a gt2554r on my zd30 and although it goes much better than stock everywhere, it doesnt get full boost untill 3000rpm, toying with the idea of switching to something with an even smaller turbine or compounding it with a small roots blower.

Awesome rig though mate, keep us posted

Whats the spool up like at low rpm? Iv got a gt2554r on my zd30 and although it goes much better than stock everywhere, it doesnt get full boost untill 3000rpm, toying with the idea of switching to something with an even smaller turbine or compounding it with a small roots blower.

Awesome rig though mate, keep us posted

Well i havent bolted the big turbo on yet im chasing a couple of more parts but i expect it to come on boost at around 2000-2500 due to the smaller rear housing. Once i fit it on ill post a couple of vids up for you

20160925_183149.jpg

Fitted the xrox bar and hard lid today

Latest posts

Back