First Navara - what to do?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsch993

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've just bought my first Navara - a 2012 D40 ST.
I bought the car with the intention of doing some moderate off-road use on weekends but it's also my daily driver.
So far, the car has no modifications apart from 20"s (45 profile) that came with the car, and genuine roof racks.

I've got a little bit to spend on it, but so far all I've done is upgraded some of the sound system and in dash entertainment components.

I was considering some of the following but would like your thoughts and opinions:
-changing the rims to 16x8 or 17x8 sunraysia rims with 70-75 profile all terrains OR putting 55 profile all terrains on the current 20s (however I reckon they'd be destroyed off road)
-a light bar either mounted under the roof rack, or in the front bumper OR an aftermarket nudge bar with LED spotlights mounted
- a 2" lift.
-a set of steel bash plates
- rated recovery points

I'm worried that the lift, plus the change of tyres (as they're about 810nm circumference versus the current 755mm) will raise the centre of gravity too much and destroy the handling. But I'm also worried that without the lift, I've lost space in the wheel wells for suspension travel over rocky terrain with the bigger tyres.

I'm also wondering where I could run the wires for a roof mounted light bar?
Finally, I'm wondering if with a lift kit, is it necessary to change the leaf springs with a 2" lift?

Thanks

G'day you sound very confused, most of your queries would be answered if you used the search function. If your doing moderate 4wding you'll need lift and get rid of those 20' rims. The small change in height will hardly be noticable and after all the Nav will never handle like a WRX now will it. As for your springs you'll have to change them to get your height, unless you were silly enough to use blocks lol. Hope that is a start for you, you should have a talk to Zordo's about your suspension he'll get you on track.
Cheers

yes toss those road wheels as there just no go for off road stuff, the profile is way to low. as John said get onto someone like Zordos so you end up with the right susspension set up. next on the list would be some underbody bash plates starting with the engine bash plate.

Latest posts

Back